Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

August 22nd, 2018 10:00

unable to change default mgmt IP in MD3820f using GUI

I have Configured MD3820F  storage but i couldn't change default Mgmt IP in GUI Mode. I was tried several time but it not change to new IP, please assist us to how to resolve this issue?

Dhanushka- SITS

• 

7.1K Posts

August 23rd, 2018 06:00

Hello AMRDG,

Do you have the serial/ console cable that came with your MD3820f?  if you do then you can use that to change your Management IP address.  Here are the steps to do so.

1. Startup a terminal emulation program like putty, teraterm, minicom or hyperterminal using these terminal settings (115200-8-n-1).

NOTE:

Windows Server 2008 does not ship with hypertrm.exe and hypertrm.dll. Customers wanting to use hyperterminal in Server 2008, must copy these two files from a Windows XP system.

1. Send a from the terminal shell. This is accomplished by within HyperTerminal or Putty, use from within Minicom on Linux systems.
    • When prompted for input within 5 seconds, press for the service interface menu.

NOTE:

Only capital "S" works here, lowercase "s" will not be recognized for this command.

1. The user will then be prompted for a password. The Password is: supportDell
  2. The menu options available are.

1) Display IP Configuration

2) Change IP Configuration

3) Reset Storage Array (SYMbol) Password

1. Q) Quit Menu

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

2 Posts

August 23rd, 2018 10:00

hello Dell-sam L

thank you for support that working i have been changed IP but then i try to  change DNS that also can not change   and is it not possible to change from Serial Cable?

or any other way please

AMRDG

• 

7.1K Posts

August 24th, 2018 09:00

Hello AMRDG,

You set the ip address, subnet mask & gateway on an MD3000.  There is not a place to change the DNS.

2 Posts

February 12th, 2019 23:00

Hi All,

i have the same problem now. can you help me how to connect with serial cable. and share username password for default.

thanks.

• 

7.1K Posts

February 13th, 2019 07:00

Hello Adeir,

Here are the steps to connect to the serial connection on the controllers so that you can change the IP address.

1. Startup a terminal emulation program like putty, teraterm, minicom or hyperterminal using these terminal settings (115200-8-n-1).
  2. Send a from the terminal shell. This is accomplished by within HyperTerminal or Putty, use from within Minicom on Linux systems.
    • When prompted for input within 5 seconds, press for the service interface menu. NOTE: Only capital "S" works here, lowercase "s" will not be recognized for this command.
      • The user will then be prompted for a password. The Password is: supportDell
      • The menu options available are.

1. Q) Quit Menu

1 Message

February 20th, 2019 08:00

Hi Everyone, I have a Dell MD3220i that I inherited from another office. I can not seem to be able to configure the ISCSI ports or the management ports. The software does not see the array. So, I need to communicate via the USB management port. What cable do I need to connect from USB to Serial port?

• 

7.1K Posts

February 20th, 2019 12:00

Hello delafjor,

Here is the Dell part#MN657 for the password reset/ serial cable.  Once you have the cable you can use it to connect to each controller and change the management IP, & iSCSI IP addresses.

1 Message

November 29th, 2019 19:00

Hello,

I have a Dell PowerVault MD3800f. The management port maybe was changed ip address that I do not know. How can I setup this ip address  for the management port because I can not find a console port on a MD3800f.

Thank you

H.Anh

Email:

• 

7.1K Posts

December 2nd, 2019 15:00

Hello H.Anh,

You will need to the serial cable to change the ip address of the management ports on your MD3800f.  Here is the Dell part# VPNP6 for the micro SD to DB9.  If you do a search you can find many places that sell the cable.  Here is the link to the users guide and if you look on page 12 it shows you where to connect the cable on the controller. https://topics-cdn.dell.com/pdf/powervault-md3800f_owners-manual2_en-us.pdf

Here are the steps to connect to the serial connection on the controllers so that you can change the IP address.

2. Send a from the terminal shell. This is accomplished by within HyperTerminal or Putty, use from within Minicom on Linux systems.
    • When prompted for input within 5 seconds, press for the service interface menu. NOTE: Only capital "S" works here, lowercase "s" will not be recognized for this command.
      • The user will then be prompted for a password. The Password is: supportDell
      • The menu options available are.

1. Q) Quit Menu

No Events found!