Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

G

February 19th, 2018 16:00

DELL T5500 ONE ( RIGHT HAND ONE )FRONT USB2 PORT NOT WORKING

Have checked in Device Manager where it says all the USB ports are working properly and the necessary drivers are up to date.

Have checked the bios where it also indicates they are enabled.

Have sprayed the applicable USB with compressed air.

Can anyone please tell me if the two front ports are replaceable as well as how to fit a new ones and whether or not I can obtain the part/parts and if so where can I source them.

Thank you in advance.

Bill

4 Operator

• 

754 Posts

February 20th, 2018 05:00

Hi Bill, 

Does the suspect port work in the BIOS?

The front I/O panel contains the USB ports, it's Dell part number is R910H.

ViewPic[10].jpg

To remove the panel, you first need to remove the front fan assembly from the system:

http://downloads.dell.com/manuals/common/precision-t5500_setup%20guide_en-us.pdf

I'm afraid the manual doesn't instruct on how to remove the panel so if you have any problems doing it, let me know. There is also a possibility that it's the cable coming from the panel, try re-seating it at both ends to see if that makes any difference.

You should be able to source the part quite easily from 3rd party suppliers

6 Posts

February 20th, 2018 10:00

Hi Alasdair,

Thank you so much for your reply and help. Yes as far as I could see all good in the Bios. Because there are two USB Ports and one is working I am assuming the cable is seated okay. Am I right in making this assumption ?. I have ordered a used part from the UK.It should arrive about the 8th of March. Will be in touch if I need any further assistance.

Kind Regards

Bill

4 Operator

• 

754 Posts

February 21st, 2018 02:00

Hi Bill,

You're probably right with that assumption, I'd be surprised too if it was the cable. Any problems, just post it here or send me a PM.

Thanks.

No Events found!