Start a Conversation

Unsolved

T

1 Message

January 1st, 2020 22:00

Dell T7400 Workstation does`nt detect usb at boot

I have a dell t7400 Workstation(from jun 2010), all working fine.

Today I tried to install a solid hard drive(120gb), which would replace a 120GB virtual disk (4ssd, 32GB each. Raid 0), I started the computer from a USB with the cloning software, but it gave me an error that my new disk was smaller than the one already installed (for a few megabytes). I made several attempts and the device worked correctly starting from different USB drives or from CD-rom. Only my cloning software, I don't support the operation (acronis).

I downloaded a new cloning software (CloneZilla), but my surprise was that my computer no longer detected the USB drives at startup. Windows 10 starts without problems and detects USB drives without problems.
Entering the bios I realized that I am not allowed to change the order of the startup units. When I press Enter to enter the menu and play with the order, I simply see a change for milliseconds on the screen, but it returns me to the main menu without any explanation or error.

The same thing happened to me a long time ago, but I don't remember what I did back then to correct it. At that time I had windows 7 installed.

I already removed the battery from the bios, load all the default data (from within the bios), download the latest version of the bios and install it, but nothing works for me.

I would like to know if someone else has the same thing happened and what is the solution, or what parameter I am moving badly so that it detects bootable usb units, because by pressing F12 to select temporarily from which device I want to start, it does not show me my units USB connected.

I already tested with Sony USB (2 different. 2GB each) that had already worked a few moments before. I also tried a kingston who had previously tried it on this same device, but none worked (on any USB port). Other equipment if detected without problems.
system diagnostics on board says everything is fine.

Friends, any comment would be very helpful, since it is a battle device and has a lot of future.

Thank you very much in advance.

IMG_20200101_221436019.jpgIMG_20200101_221552088.jpgIMG_20200101_222153545.jpg

No Responses!
No Events found!