Start a Conversation

Unsolved

T

3 Posts

September 21st, 2022 08:00

Precision 3630: No video signal on iGPU while posting and in BIOS

Hi,

I've been testing a used Precision 3630 with a Xeon E-2146G. So far everything it great, except that I don't get a video signal on all three (1x HDMI, 2x DP) ports of the iGPU while booting. Once Windows loads all three ports work fine.

If I plug in my spare GTX 760 I get a signal on it and can access the BIOS, but this is not a good solution for me. I would prefere to be able to access the BIOS through the iGPU as I plan to use the PC without a dedicated one.

The BIOS was just updated to version 2.16.0, and both Intel and Nvidia drivers are up to date.

Should it make a difference, according to the service tag the PC was originally sold with a Quadro P4000, but that was not included when I bought it.

Any help to get this resolved would be much appreciated.

9 Legend

• 

12.2K Posts

Just a thought here, check the BIOS for the display settings. I assume it is set on AUTO and not on PCIe or discrete.

3 Posts

I tried both auto and integrated, but in both cases I only get a video signal on the dGPU until Windows loads.

3 Posts

September 22nd, 2022 12:00

Some good news about this. For some reason, I do get a signal if I use an HDMI to VGA adapter. This is with the same monitor and HDMI port as before. I'll test if it could be a fault with my monitor or the HDMI cable, but I don't have too high hopes as the same cable and monitor work without issues when I use the Nvidia card.

8 Wizard

• 

6.1K Posts

September 22nd, 2022 16:00

Sounds like you are getting close to the issue.  Native display resolution in BIOS is within 720p and 1080p.  Sometimes the extended display identification data (EDID) returned a value that was in between or slightly higher, they would cause the pre-OS display appeared to be black.  Especially when using 4k display.  I notice that DVI and VGA will most likely to get display while DP and HDMI will have trouble with high resolution monitors. 

No Events found!