Start a Conversation

Unsolved

J

10 Posts

June 21st, 2022 05:00

Precision 7820 CPU1 Fan error (The second CPU board has already removed)

I am having a tricky problem. I have a tower 7820 that came with the 2nd CPU kid. But now my workstation is out of warranty and I have removed the 2nd CPU board and just use one.

But the system give me error messages that told me that my cpu1 fan is not responding correctly. I know it does not respond because the CPU1 fan and the daughter board I have completely taken away. So in my mind, this is more like a bios problem. But I try to restore the bios settings and update the bios to the lasted version. Nothing Still gives me these error messages. Although the workstation is working the system post just takes way toooooo long time. So can anybody help me?

Error Code:2000-0511
Validation Code:81730

8 Wizard

• 

6.1K Posts

June 21st, 2022 17:00

Hello, I think it's too late for you to edit your post but your service tag is consider private information and should not be posted in open community.  Forum Mod may remove it for you.

As for the issue you are facing, there are a couple things you could try.  Check in BIOS to see if any related components or devices which required 2nd CPU operation and disable them.  Reset the machine by taking the battery out, hold power button for several seconds to discharge residue electricity, and reinstall the battery.  Your system may automatically restart about three times, that's normal.  Get back into BIOS and change the settings to match with your current hardware setup.

While you are doing that, just give your system a new battery to make it worth your time.

No Events found!