Start a Conversation

Unsolved

JO

16 Posts

March 7th, 2019 15:00

T5600 PSU fans slowly ramping up

Sometimes after a cold boot the PSU fans in my T5600 slowly ramp up to full speed and stay there. I have the 635W PSU installed. Pulled the PSU and applied power, pressed the test button, green LED OK. Installed the PSU, applied power, PC off, pressed PSU test button, green LED OK. Are there any other self tests to try? Any suggestions for other things to look at?

March 12th, 2019 07:00

Seems to be related to the PSU blade connector. Removing and reinstalling the PSU can make this problem come and go.

6 Professor

• 

8.2K Posts

March 18th, 2019 22:00

Hi @Jamieson Olsen,

I answered your other post in regards to fans.  HWiNFO should also show you the PSU fan.

Tip:  Make sure fans and vents are clean.  A dirty fan also reduces airflow.

Due to what you noted in your post above, I'm not ruling out the PSU blade connector just in case.  If he decides to answer, @bmcowboy might know more about if the blade connector affects PSU fan(s).

March 19th, 2019 05:00

No dust in the PSU. Cleaned the "blade" connector on the PSU too. Interesting that HWiNFO64 reports the PSU fan speed as  54,429 RPM and that never changes. That suggests a bad fan sensor, or maybe the fan monitor chip in the PSU is bad.

My PSU is the 635W unit that came standard with the T5600.

I have access to a spare 685W PSU from a T5810 -- does anyone know if this would work in my T5600?

No Events found!