Start a Conversation

Unsolved

M

2 Posts

April 6th, 2019 10:00

NVIDIA control panel won't open

Hello

I've recently purchased a DELL Precision 3430 with an NVIDIA Quadro P620 graphic card. It came with all drivers installed in its factory set but, when I try to open NVIDIA Control Panel nothing happens. What could be the cause for this since the system is still untouched (aside from any software updates) from what was the factory setup? (OS is windows 10  professional)

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

April 8th, 2019 04:00

The Quadro Line has specific Drivers and windows feature updates break these.

The current Driver is VERY Recent.  If you list a driver In add remove programs I recommend removing it then installing this driver offline.

https://www.nvidia.com/Download/driverResults.aspx/145259/en-us

Version: R418 U3 (419.67)  WHQL
Release Date: 2019.3.20
Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit

1 Message

April 8th, 2019 19:00

I have the same issue with a Nvidia GTX 1050Ti  When I try to ope the Nvidia control panel I get this message "NVidia Display settings are not available. You are not currently using a display attached to a Nvidia GPU."

April 9th, 2019 11:00

Hei there

I really appreciate the feedback you provided mostly because, as you said, you are not a DELL employee but still took the time to support.

I will sure test your solution but it is somehow disappointing that a known and resolvable issue is not addressed by the manufacturer while assembling their products.

I will also make sure to point this out through the communication channel you provided.

Thanks

199 Posts

April 18th, 2019 19:00

FWIW, I could not get the NVidia Control Panel to appear on my 7730, even if I tried deleting the driver using DDU (display driver uninstall) utility and re-installing the driver from the Dell Download site..

I finally decided to go to the NVidia website and downloaded GEForce and used it to install the most recent driver.

... And that worked...

YMMV

May 11th, 2019 01:00

I have the same model (7730) and the control panel can't open too. I tried GeForce Driver but it still failed to open. Could you link me to the one you used? Thanks in advance.

199 Posts

May 11th, 2019 04:00

1). Uninstall the driver using DDU (Google it).

2). Go to the NVidia site and download GEForce.

3). That program should allow you to determine the specific Nvidia adapter installed, and download and install the proper driver.

Now, you may wish to go into BIOS and disable "Switchable Graphics".

May 11th, 2019 08:00

Hey sfortin

I tried as you suggested, and I still can't get it to work. Would you mind sharing the driver version you're using?

And for the suggested step #3, this will render the intel graphic card useless and will definitely drain a lot of power since only the discrete card is enabled. Dell should definitely address this issue.

No Events found!