Chow_S
2 Bronze

WD19TB electrical noise

I have a precision 5550 and a WD19TB, everything works great (I have not had the fan noise other seemed to have experienced), but I do have electrical noise coming from the dock, it is like a low buzz of a mosquito which probably wouldn't be heard in the office but since I am working from home in the pandemic, you tend to notice these things with lower noise levels.

It sounds almost like ground noise/Morse code. 

Has anyone else experienced this? It's not loud, but it's like having a mosquito flying around.

6 Replies
DELL-Cares

Thanks for your post

Thank you! We have received the required details. We will work towards a resolution via private messages to ensure the security of your information. In the meanwhile, you may receive assistance or suggestions from the community members as well.

Social Media Support

#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, click our Dell-Cares name and send us a private message with your Dell PC or Monitor Service Tag number

0 Kudos
DrorG
2 Bronze

Re: WD19TB electrical noise

I'm experiencing the same phenomenon with my newly bought unit (connected to XPS15 9570) and since I'm using this computer for music recording, this is a real bother. Will be glad to find a solution.

0 Kudos
DrorG
2 Bronze

Did you find any solution?

0 Kudos
TimKuehle
2 Bronze

Exactly the same problem over here on a XPS 17. Sounds like a broken harddrive, hopelessly searching for something.

This guy over on Reddit seems to have the same issue :

https://amp.reddit.com/r/Dell/comments/dg4f0t/xps13_2_in_1_7390_and_wd19tb_dock_both_making/

Have you had your docks replaced by Dell ?

0 Kudos
Mikael_jo
2 Bronze

I got my WD19TB at the beginning of the week, and also have the problem when connected to my Precision 3551.
Talked to Dell technical support and they replace it, hopefully, I get the new one at the end of the week.

0 Kudos
Mikael_jo
2 Bronze

And the new one has the same fault, will take a call to the support again on Monday.

0 Kudos