Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 27th, 2011 16:00

1320CN: is "offline". How do it put it "online".

OS: Win 7 Home Premium. PC is wired to a ADSL modem/router, as is the 1320CN. I've had the printer for a while and all was OK. Suddenly I can't print. The black toner cartridge light was orange so I replaced the toner cartridge (a non-Dell one) for another non-Dell one (by a different re-manufacturer). Orange light disappears. Still can't print. In the Devices and Printers window in Windows it says 'Printer offline'. Most printers I've ever seen (except for this one) have an online/offline button but this one doesn't seem to. I have tried to set it back online (if I can) by looking through every setting in the web config page. I have done a factory reset. I have switched off (and unplugged for 20 mins) everything: the PC, the printer and the ADSL modem/router. It can see the modem/router OK at it gets its IP address from it. I changed the router's setting to apply a new IP address to the printer by MAC and the printer got the specified IP address. How can I turn the printer back online? Thanks, Dave Printer Revision Levels: Firmware Version 200906050911 Network Firmware Version 8.83 TCP/IP Settings Host Name DELL751F98 IP Address Mode AutoIP IP Address 192.168.1.8 Subnet Mask 255.255.255.0 Gateway Address 192.168.1.1 DNS DNS Mode Manually Set Current DNS Server Address 0.0.0.0

2 Posts

April 2nd, 2011 11:00

There is another question with the same tag which put me on the right track.  Uninstall the printer.  Then re-add it to the printer list by searching for it.  When Windows finds the printer, tell WIndows to update the driver.  If you do this then it will appear as 'Ready' instead of 'offline'.  If you don't reinstall the driver then it will still report the printer as being 'offline'.

Hope this helps someone.

Dave

No Events found!