Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 20th, 2014 12:00

1355cnw no longer prints anything except its own internal reports, need help

My Dell 1355 cnw will no longer print MS-WORD documents or .PDFs from laptops via the USB port, or print .PDFs from a thumb drive. When I try to print the WORD documents I just get silence from the printer, not even an error code. When I try to print .PDFs from the thumb drive, I get an error message: File Format Error 016-795 Job Failure.

For what it's worth, I was never able to get the printer working in my wireless network. I don't know if that problem points to some solution.

Between the printer failure and the less-than-friendly Support website, this is going to be my last purchase of a Dell product.

105 Posts

March 21st, 2014 04:00

There must be a problem with your current port setting for your installed printer.

I assume that your printer is set to "FILE: Print to File" that is why it only prints files on your hard drive and doesn't recognize the port that your printer is actually connected to.

Look through the list of available ports to find the one that your printer connects to, then tick the box next to it and click the OK button at the bottom of the window.

I hope these steps will fix your problem. 

No Events found!