Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 26th, 2014 12:00

2155cdn color laser blotches on paper

My Dell 2155cdn color laser is printing with blotches on the paper.  It's as if something is removing the toner after it's on the paper.  Does anyone know what part might be doing this.  Of course the warranty ended a month ago.

1 Attachment

3 Posts

July 22nd, 2015 21:00

Cubby61, thanks for posting pictures of the problem.  It's exactly what I was experiencing.

Solution that worked for me:

1) Access printer via http interface.

2) Printer Settings > Printer Maintenance > Clean Developer

3) Run each "Start" button item in succession, waiting for each to finish before advancing to the last item which is Drum Refresh.

Works like a charm to clean up the problem.

I sure wish I'd found it sooner!

I hope it resolves the problems for others.

Regards,

Tom

May 29th, 2014 16:00

Hi cubby61,

The problem seems to be due to few factors on your printer. Kindly check for the following;

1. Is there any error message on your printer screen? If yes, please specify with the error code

2. Are the blotches appearing while printing any type of paper or is it just any specific type of paper?

3. Is there any residue segregating on the paper every time you printer which seems to be peeling off the parts from the printer?

4. If you have an identical printer, try switching the imaging unit and see if the other one works fine. If it does, then the issue is with the imaging drum which needs to be replaced. If not then I suggest you to check with different toners and paper type as I have mentioned earlier.

Please revert with the details and we can check further. Thank you.

5 Posts

June 17th, 2014 16:00

Your fuser may be running a little cold, also it may be dirty.

I have posted a review on Amazon (under Dell2155CN: name James Oliver Jr) that states how to access your fuser temp. settings. Also try "Thick Paper" option, that should also turn up your fuser temp.

YouTube has a video on how to clean your fuser using Q-Tips (good ones, not the ones that shed) and alcohol I believe, and running thick paper through the fuser to wipe the excess toner off.

5 Posts

June 18th, 2014 15:00

Thanks avpowerstn, I'll try those suggestions.

5 Posts

June 18th, 2014 15:00

DELL-Arjun, There is no error at all. This happens on any type paper. This only seems to happen when printing color. B/W doesn't have this problem. I have a 2150cdn and I can try to swap between them if they are interchangeable.

June 19th, 2014 13:00

Hi Cubby61,

Kindly go ahead and switch the part as it is compatible with your 2155cdn and check if that fixes the issue. Revert with the results please.

5 Posts

June 19th, 2014 14:00

What are you swapping..?? The print job..or fuser..or..??

5 Posts

June 19th, 2014 19:00

The suggestion was to swap the imaging drum.

5 Posts

June 21st, 2014 11:00

Did it work *** ??

5 Posts

June 21st, 2014 12:00

I'm traveling right now and will try it when I get back home.

1 Rookie

• 

2 Posts

November 21st, 2016 12:00

McGlinn,

You made me soooo glad; I experienced the trouble for a long time and did not know how to solve it. The fuser looks as new and the halogene-lamp in the fuser is also ok, so I was very disappointed in this not-so-cheap printer. So when I executed the cleaning of the developer, toners and drum I printed a page-sized picture not expecting it to be good, but after printing the picture seemed to be fine and when I wiped with my hand over the print my hand was still clean.

I think Dell needs to add this answer to their FAQ and communicate this solution.

Thank you very much.

No Events found!