Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 10th, 2012 11:00

2335dn Error: There is a problem with the NIC card.

This is the second time this has happened to me in the last 3 months, now at a different location than the first one. It seems to only effect scanning though because I'm not getting any reports that the printer can't print. In fact, I can access the web interface of the printer and can see the print jobs printing when sent to it. So, I know the NIC is working. I've searched all over and haven't found anything on this.

Printer Firmware: 2.70.06.05

Engin Firmaware: 1.10.65

Netowrk Firmware: v4.02.15 (2335dn MFP) 11-22-2010

Has anyone experienced a problem like this????

117 Posts

August 10th, 2012 13:00

No I cannot say that I have seen that specific error. That being said your firmware could use an update. What application are you using to scan? That might need an update as well. There have been multiple versions of the scan manager that have been released and each has been more stable than the last.

3 Posts

August 10th, 2012 15:00

That's the think, we don't use the scanning software. We scan to email and that's when we see the error.

117 Posts

August 13th, 2012 07:00

Are you hosting your own exchange server or are you using a web hosted email? The error just reads a problem with the NIC? No mention to SMTP?

3 Posts

August 13th, 2012 10:00

Thanks for getting back to me. No mention of SMTP. We do have a hosted email and have used it since day one. We haven't had any problems with it up until these two seperate issues, which happened more than a month apart. Also, we have 3 other locations using the same set up and none of them has reported an issue with scanning to email or an error like this.

No Events found!