Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 1st, 2009 13:00

5100cn printer magenta leaking + transfer roll solution

Magenta leaks once in a while even with OEM toner.  I was shipped a toner with a sticker that I removed; i think some of the gummy part of the sticker fell into the toner chamber and caused some magenta toner to stick together thus when I print pages with magenta it smears magenta over the pages.  When you boot the dell machine you can hold the up and down arrows down and it goes into a diagnostic mode.  From there I can goto test pages and print magenta at 20% to get rid of the magenta.  But that doesnt get out the clog.

My question.  How do I go to diagnostic and have it purge the existing magenta in the system with the toner removed? I have done this before but dont have the codes.  Dell wanted to hide the service manual from you and only let you get the operations manual.

When it does purge the waste toner it will go to the transfer roll.

Transfer Roll;  i popped out the plastic window and emptied the bad toner then reglued the plastic window with craft glue and volia the error goes away and I saved $40 on a transfer roll;  All the transfer roll does is collect toner waste;  it just needs to be emptied not replaced.

December 20th, 2009 17:00

This hint about the transfer roller was awesome!  You made it possible for

me to continue working during the week while I wait for the new part to

arrive!  Thank you!

1 Message

February 26th, 2010 16:00

WOWUAS, thanks for the tip on the window. Just in case you still have the magenta leaking problem, I found that after I emptied the transfer roller and the fuser excess toner chambers, I still had magenta toner smearing on the page. So, I tried using the web interface to clean the photodeveloper. Cleaning Magenta, Yellow and Cyan did not fix the problem. Only when I cleaned the Black (K) photodeveloper did the magenta smearing problem go away.

1 Message

April 1st, 2011 12:00

MOWCOG, the Black (K) Dev Cleaning worked very well for me. Thank you. Of course, after I emtied all the toner from the transfer roller chamber and blown clear the optical sensor window with compressed air. It saved me $40, shipping, time and a 2500 page printing project.

No Events found!