Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 28th, 2008 00:00

5110cn error messages "Reseat Black Toner" & "CRUM ID 093-963"

I just replaced the black toner on my 5110cn printer and am getting the messages, "Reseat Black Toner" and "CRUM ID 093-963".  I've taken out and put back in the black toner several times and it always clicks into place just the same as the other color cartridges.  Does anyone have any thoughts?

1.7K Posts

July 24th, 2009 11:00

1st question...... is this genuine Dell toner? If not..... well, can't help ya much. And guaranteed, you'll have some serious print quality problems later on.

If it is a Dell cart, have you tried re-seating the cart and making sure the toner handle is complete rotated forward and locked down? Just 1/8" can cause the sensor to detect an issue.

If you checked, and it is locked, you may have a defective cartridge. You can sometimes bypass this message by using the menu and entering Maintenance mode then selecting non-Dell toner. This "might" get you running until the cart can be replaced.

1 Message

August 24th, 2009 11:00

I am having the same problem and am enjoying a lengthy hold period to get support.  In summary, Dell printers are garbage and I would never buy another.

1.7K Posts

August 24th, 2009 12:00

Sorry to hear about your problems.

Same questions to you that I asked "Satch99". In particular, are you using genuine Dell toner?

1 Message

November 23rd, 2009 09:00

I'm having almost the same problem but with the yellow toner, and the message says 009-360, when I typed that number into the site, it said it was for a Dell 5130, but we have a 5110cn.  The toner is a brand new yellow toner from DELL; and its clicked all the way in?  The Cartledge worked fine on Friday, when we left the office, now this morning (Monday) it is not working.

1 Message

May 19th, 2014 13:00

I am having same issue.  New Printer was working alright till yesterday and today it does not want to work.  Its black cartridge reseat issue for me.  I can see that cartridge is original Dell and still giving issues.

Printer is not even allowing for me to enter into menu to pick a "Non Dell Cartridge" option.  So, I went into the configuration menu in my computer and changed the cartridge to "Non Dell" option "On".  Still no luck.  So what are we supposed to do when you can see you have dell cartridge, and printer does not allow you to go into menu?

105 Posts

May 21st, 2014 01:00

There are issues that can cause this problem and these are:

1. Cartridges are not compatible with your printer.

2. Cartridge does not have full electrical contact with the printer.

Try checking the compatibility of your cartridge or remove and reinstall the cartridge to see if it will work. You can also clean the cartridge to make sure that it has full contact with the printer. Reset the printer but if it fails once more, you may need to replace the cartridge with a new one. Hope this will help you.

30 Posts

July 2nd, 2014 23:00

Toners from 5100cn and 5110cn are having almost same design mechanically ..did you buy the correct toner ?

No Events found!