Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 27th, 2012 04:00

968w printer

I have a 968w printer. it will not print or scan. if you press copy it shut off and restarts.If you send a file to printe it says that it is not communiating with computer. I've installed and reinstalled the program.  it is hooked up with usb cable. check printer problem solver and it comes out ok.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

January 27th, 2012 08:00

ronmiller881969,

First run Delete Print Jobs to remove any stuck print jobs from the queue.

After you restart, can you copy a document under the glass? Black and whit and color?

Are you using Dell Series 7 ink cartridges?

If you unplug the printer from the wall and remove the power brick for 60 seconds, this will reset any error messages the printer has. I would then plug everything back in.

Power on the printer.

Open the printer(with the power on) and take out the Dell Series 7 black cartridge and then reseat it. I would then take out the color Dell Series 7 ink cartridge and reseat it. Now close the printer and it will print an alignment page.

Any error messages?

black cartridge = black side(left side) color cartridge = color side(right side)

photo cartridge = black side(left side) color cartridge = color side(right side)

Dell Series 7 ink cartridges have a sensor in them that cannot be reset. Article on refilling Dell ink cartridges.

Dell Series 7 ink cartridges can be purchased at Staples, Walmart or Dell's Website.

It's possible that you got a Dell Series 7 ink cartridge with a bad sensor. Take it back to the place of purchase for a refund or replacement.

Rick

No Events found!