Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 28th, 2009 02:00

AIO 920, vista, and windows 7 RC

New Toshiba laptop  (L305D-S5934) with Vista (ready to install Windows 7 RC---32 bit), and I can't get the AIO to function properly. It will print, but it will not scan or fax. I've uninstalled the XP drivers, which install themselves upon connection (USB).I've downloaded and installed the three suggested Vista drivers---several times, and it still is unciooperative.. The printer worked fine (all functions) on my old XP (Inspiron 3000) desktop until I installed Windows 7 on it. I do not want to replace it. Any suggestions?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

July 9th, 2009 17:00

Robert,

I purchased a Dell Studio 1537 for my daughter, right after I bought myself a Dell Studio 1737, Vista Home Premium 32-bit. My son is now using my old Dell Inspirom B130 but is now interested in getting a Dell XPS computer. He want to game on his new laptop but has seen how reliable the Dell laptop I gave him works much better than his Compaq computer did.

I feel your post will get deleted and you'll get the language TOS email unless you edit your post to remove the word there that was before though.

Rick

16 Posts

Thanks for the condolences, it's been rough. Who makes your daughters computer (the Studio) ? Well. I'm hoping to get everything off, but if I'm lucky it will work out. Since I

got a little bit of workability on the laptop, I'm gonna see if I can transfer it all to a USB external HDD. Otherwise, thank god for other computers having most of the same

stuff on them. Sad, though. I'm gonna lose over 100GB of movies I got, but oh well....karma. Props to all and your families, gotta go pay the piper and do some dirty

digging in the file tree.  Jeeze, you'd think I knew what I was doing or something if you heard me talking. HAHAHAHAHA. I always knew I'd become a crazy mad scientist

someday...

16 Posts

Wow, that's really ridiculous, but I changed it. Thanks for heads up. Sad, how the Thought Police can force this. What's next, removing posts that are derogatory to the reputation of past and future products? I understand the policy of no foul language, but would it be different if I used it in a manner that described how a vacuum worked? Anyway, thank you for protecting my stature and reputation, Rick.

16 Posts

July 9th, 2009 18:00

Rick

Yup, sure is. Well, better safe than sorry.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

July 9th, 2009 18:00

Robert,

I responded to a post where the link was broken. I had the person say their post was deleted before for language. I have the first post and didn't see anything wrong but the filters seem to think your laptops are held together with nails, instead of using a phillips..

Don't know how we're going to explain this to the forum manager, LOL.

Rick

6 Posts

August 3rd, 2009 12:00

Back again, Rick:

the AIO 920 printer works with the Vista driver in Win 7: it prints, it copies, it faxes. what it doesn't do is send scans where they should go (using Windows fax and scan is better). and it doesn't know when to shut up. it will either print me two copies of whatever i'm doing, or it will spend two days deleting the file, which has grown to an unmanageable size---46 megs for a couple of jpegs. sometimes it does both.

any suggestions other than reinstalling the driver?

or do I have to wait for October and the real Windows 7 and maybe then a Win 7 driver? 

regards,

murie

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

August 3rd, 2009 14:00

Murie,

I would suggest, disconnecting the printer, run the patch(run as administrator) until it prompts you to restart your computer. Restart your computer and then install the Vista drivers. (These are available from the second post in this thread)

I was told Windows 7 drivers will not be available until the end of October, so people have to be patient.

Did you Update list of applications to send scans to?

Settings for scanning, try looking at the printer settings and change it to suit your needs. I have my printer set to scan at 600 dpi, because I scan mostly pictures to put them on disks to reprint them.

Are you faxing? Did you try using the Vista program from BVRP PhoneTools for Faxing?

Rick

No Events found!