Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 16th, 2007 18:00

AIO 966 becomes unusable after Vista returns from SLEEP mode

The Vista 32 and 64 bit drivers for the Dell AIO 966 work great except for one flaw. When Vista returns from hibernation or sleep mode, Vista no longer can communicate with the printer (over network). The printer can still be PINGed and printed to by other PCs on the network, but only a reboot I have found corrects the problem. Anybody seen/resolved this before? I'm running latest Dell drivers (as of 04/16/07).
Thanks.

April 19th, 2007 00:00

Is that was causes this! My wife is constantly calling me at work saying the printer has stopped working again, and we do the same thing power down the laptop bring it back up and printing works again. So yea I have seen this and deal with it daily. We have the 966 and an Inspiron E1505 running Vista Business.

7 Posts

May 3rd, 2007 16:00

Exactly the same issue for me... very frustrating.

GINA - can you escalate this please?

7 Posts

May 3rd, 2007 17:00

Gina et al

In the event that this helps...

What appears to happen is that the dlcq_device service (C:\WINDOWS\system32\dlcqcoms.exe -service) fails after Vista resumes.

As a workaround, I have created a batch file to run "net start dlcq_device" on the desktop (shortcut set to run as Administrator).

Do you still think that this is related to the BIOS?

1.7K Posts

May 3rd, 2007 17:00

The problem that you are experiencing is more of a Vista Power Management issue. This has already been escalated. The fix will come in the form of a BIOS update. Please make sure that your system has the most up-to-date BIOS. You may also want to subscribe to notification for further BIOS updates while you are out there.

1.7K Posts

May 4th, 2007 13:00

Hey, this is a great find. Thanks for the info. I'm going to pass this on.

1 Rookie

• 

70 Posts

May 8th, 2007 19:00

Seeing same results on Windows XP on Dell Dimension laptop/desktop and XPS laptop computers. All are running latest Dell BIOSs and Windows XP patches. I really don't think this is Vista. Other printer drivers are not having same problem. I suspect the 966 driver itself is not dealing correctly with power management. In fact, in a couple of cases, I've seen the driver go to sleep during when computer has not gone through any power down states.

1 Rookie

• 

70 Posts

May 8th, 2007 20:00

net start dlcq_device DOES appear to be a workaround. Thanks!

7 Posts

May 11th, 2007 17:00

Gina

Do you have any update for us in this regard?

Thanks

1 Message

May 24th, 2007 01:00

I am having this same problem with my AIO 964.  It appears that by looking in the log my service may be called dlcj_device.  I am going to attempt the restart myself the next time it happens.  Is there any update on this yet????

1 Rookie

• 

70 Posts

May 26th, 2007 15:00

Gina, any word on resolving this?

Also, as a add on to the workaround on restarting the  dlcj_device service, you can set for the service, to restart automatically upon failure which will reduce the times one can't print.

1.7K Posts

June 7th, 2007 20:00

I have esclated this but dont' have any info as of yet.

5 Posts

June 10th, 2007 08:00

What appears to happen is that the dlcq_device service (C:\WINDOWS\system32\dlcqcoms.exe -service) fails also on WinXP and Win2K after some time, couldn't find the reason so far.

I'am using the workaround "net start dlcq_device"  also for these OS's. Then the printer is working again for a while, before the dlcq_device is hanging again.
I'm using apparentely the latest driver R145453.exe.
my systems for info:
Dell Wireless printer adapter 3300 with Dell AIO 966, Win2k with McAfee and WinXP with Norton Firewalls.
Would be really great to get a better solution.
thanks

1 Rookie

• 

70 Posts

June 10th, 2007 16:00

I found the same thing on WinXP. To improve the workaround on the service, under the recovery tab, add restart service for the dlcq_device service and you'll now never see a printer failure.

5 Posts

June 12th, 2007 06:00

unfortunately in my environment the suggested improvement doesn't work, neither in WinXP, neither in Win2k. In other words, I cannot restart the dlcq_device without stopping it first. When I try to stop the hanging dlcq_device, WinXP makes a dump and shows

ERROR_BROKEN_PIPE

The pipe has been ended.

I get the WinXP error pop-up two times, then the dlcq_device is stopping and restarting without any problem. Also every stop/restart afterwards is flawless up to a certain time. Could the printer/printer adapter sleep-mode create this error? 

Here the error free stop and restart of the dlcq_device for documentation:
C:\Documents and Settings\user\Desktop>net stop dlcq_device
The dlcq_device service is stopping.
The dlcq_device service was stopped successfully.

C:\Documents and Settings\user\Desktop>net start dlcq_device.
The dlcq_device service was started successfully.

5 Posts

June 19th, 2007 08:00

I did some further investigation with my systems. Moving the AIO 966 from wireless (Wireless adapter 3300) to a wired ethernet connection gave the following outcome. The problem disappeared with the wired ethernet connected PC, but is still with the wireless connected laptop.

Could someone from Dell please also have a look at this. As the Dell AIO 966 seems to be identical to the Lexmark X9350 and Lexmark is apparentely offering a fix to this problem.
thanks

Error: "lxcqcoms.dll" Appears When the PC Resumes from Sleep/Standby Mode ID:ENUS26790

What you will see

When you take the PC out of Resume mode or Standby mode, the error lxcqcoms.dll appears. This can also occur if you switch networks.

The following error may also be present:

Click here for an enlarged view.

What to do

Download and install the following patch: ftp://ftp.lexmark.com/driver/inkjet_drivers/9300/PR3A9300EN.exe

No Events found!