Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

HI

January 22nd, 2013 05:00

BLUETOOTH DONGLE QUESTION

I'm setting up a new Inspiron 2330 and found what appears to be a bluetooth dongle in the package. There is no instruction information at all (!) about its use and whether it is needed.

My questions are:

1. Is the bluetooth dongle needed for operation of the wiress keyboard and mouse or does the built in bluetooth function handle it without the dongle?

2. Does it matter whether the dongle is connected via the USB3 ports or USB2 ports? Both are available on the side and back of the computer respectively.

Thanks very much.

hgb in ox

4 Operator

• 

2K Posts

January 22nd, 2013 06:00

Hi hgb in ox,

If the Computer has a built-in Bluetooth card then you can use it without the Bluetooth Dongle. If the Computer doesn’t have a built-in Bluetooth card then you need the Bluetooth Dongle which can be used on any of the 4 USB posts.

I request you send the system service tag through private message so that I can check if the computer has a built-in Bluetooth card.

I have added you as a friend. Please accept my friend request by clicking on my name highlighted in blue and then click on “Friends” tab at the top and then click on “Request to Review” and finally click on “Accept” button.

I am sending you a private message as well. Click on “Inbox” to respond to the message and provide system’s Service Tag and contact details so I may access your system records and check for further course of action. You could also click on Start Conversation to send a private message.

No Events found!