Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

Closed

May 20th, 2014 10:00

C1765NFW Error while Firmware update

I think I "brick" my C1765NFW.

First problem was that printer never woke up after going in to sleep mode, i have to switch it off/on.

I decided to update firmware for printer, I download last version from official site: 

http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/au/en/audhs1/DriverDetails/Product/dell-c1765nfw?driverId=J9C18&osCode=W832&fileId=3211022704&languageCode=en&categoryId=FW

and started to update wirelessly, when progress bar was     
approximately at 15% it stops and never move futher, but i decided not do anything and just wait after 10 minutes of waiting a error window appear (said it can't upload the firmware) and printer froze with  "Network FW" on screen and stuck for ever, after half an hour i switch it off/on. And when it boot up this message was on a screen

Fire it up and get 024-360 System

Restart Printer

Contact Support

If Message Returns

Now in Dell Printer Firmware Update Tool I can see my printer only when I connect by USB, but it says Printer is not ready and I can't do anything.

Sorry for my poor English.

1 Message

January 5th, 2015 11:00

I had a very similar problem once and was able to fix it.  To fix it, I connected it via USB to a normal Ubuntu workstation.  I then used the 'dd' command to send each of the firmware files in order to the /dev/usb/lp0 device file.  I believe I found the order of the firmware files in the *.ini file that comes with the Dell Printer Firmware Update Tool that you described.

1 Message

June 16th, 2018 06:00

Hello, I'm having problems with my C1765, it doesn't recognize the USB and the Network connection either. I can not update the firmware. Is there some kind of way to update it manually straight away to the Nand memory or something like that. I'll appreciate any kind of help to solve it. Also maybe you have any idea about what's going on. In CE Mode if I do a USB1 Test the result is CHECKERROR either for MAC/. Thank you in advance. Have a nice day.

December 27th, 2021 03:00

hello, I don't know if I will get any help on this issue due to this being an old thread, but I have the 024-360 error message on my C1765NFW. I was wondering if I could have some further insight into how to fix this as I was unable to perform the dd firmware update. the ubuntu computer does recognise the printer but when the command is executed it reads out 'permission denied' this is something that has been bothering me for a while as it is a good printer that I have a large supply of toner for and it would be a shame to waste it. any help would be appreciated. thanks 

1 Message

September 17th, 2023 06:08

@JacobGnu​ can you provide any more detail on how you did this in Ubuntu?

1 Message

March 31st, 2024 13:53

Hello,

This is an old thread but it helped me today so I'll explain what I did any maybe it will answer some of the questions still outstanding. My printer is not the same as the OP, it's a Dell E525w laser, but the issue is the same and the same solution might work. In my case, the firmware update failed and after that the screen showed 024-360 System/Restart Printer/Contact Support as described above. I managed to salvage the situation using Linux as mentioned by JacobGnu. Here are the details:

1. Download the latest firmware update from dell and unzip it. The files in the package are as follows:

Dell Printer Update Tool.exe
dlp4du.dll
dlp4fwu.cfg
dlp4net.dll
dlp4usb.dll
PH4DLZ_AM_007103836.brn
PH4DLZ_CT_009003836.bin
PH4DLZ_ES_010413103836.brn
PH4DLZ_MU_010500.iot
PH4DLZ_PM_028103836.dat
PH4DLZ_RM_025.dat

2. Open the config file (dlp4fwu.cfg) in a text editor. The file has a list of 6 entries like this: 

[Fw0]
FileName=PH4DLZ_CT_009003836.bin
ReleaseDate="2014/09/11"

[Fw1]
FileName=PH4DLZ_AM_007103836.brn
ReleaseDate="2014/12/15"

...etc.

The files refered to in each [Fw] section are the bin, brn, dat, and iot files from step 1. 
I assumed these are the firmware files that need to be copied to the printer.

3. Copy the files to a Linux laptop. I did try using the Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) on my Windows laptop, but it didn't work; I *think* this is because WSL may not have direct access to the USB port on the laptop, I'm not sure. But I had an old laptop with Linux on it so I used that.

4. Connect the Linux laptop to the printer with a USB cable. Open a command prompt/terminal window and issue the dd commands to copy the files one by one to the printer, like this:

sudo dd if=PH4DLZ_AM_007103836.brn of=/dev/usb/lp0
sudo dd if=PH4DLZ_CT_009003836.bin of=/dev/usb/lp0

...etc.

I found that using sudo (super-user do) was mandatory, without sudo I got 'permission denied' errors. I don't know if the order of the files copied is important, but I followed the order in the cfg file.

As the files were copying to the printer, the printer screen displayed 'F/W download'.

The printer restarted and froze up once or twice during the copy, but when that happened I just waited for the printer to restart and then resumed the dd commands from the last successful file copy.

When all the files were copied, I restarted the printer and no more 024-360 error.

Good luck!

No Events found!