Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

D

June 26th, 2018 06:00

C2665dnf, won't print via network all the sudden

My C2665dnf will no longer print via network from any computer.  I have 3 PCs (mix of Win7, Win10), an iPod, and 2 iPads and all of them quit at the same time.  You can fully interact with the printer via the web interface, so it does not seem to be any sort of networking issue.

I have powered off and on several times (even leaving it unplugged for an hour+).  I have tried a new switch, new cable, etc.  I've made no update to the router that could cause this.

The firmware in the printer is  201608150645.

FYI, I do IT for a living, so I'm very verbose in networking, drivers, etc.Can anyone think of a way to get this to work?

Thank you for any guidance you can give me! 

July 11th, 2018 15:00

Can anyone offer any guidance?

37 Posts

July 17th, 2018 03:00

Hi Doldrums4844,

I assume you were using basic network printing rather than any of the cloud printing functions on this printer, Do you have the printer set up on DHCP or a static IP? Depending on the type of port being used in the print server if the IP was taken by another device this can break your network printing ability.

What happens when you try to print, does the job just get stuck in queue or do you see any messages on the printer?

Thanks.

3 Posts

September 9th, 2018 09:00

I'm experiencing the same issue. Not an IT expert, so I don't know the set up. It was set up to plug n play. Worked fine until a few months ago, no devices were added, so perhaps an Apple update?

3 Posts

September 9th, 2018 09:00

Additionally, there are no error messages, the print job doesn't show up in the job queue.

6 Posts

January 5th, 2023 12:00

Old thread, did anyone solve it ? Any clue ?

No Events found!