Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 7th, 2015 09:00

DELL C1760NW ERROR CODE 009-654

Searched high and low.  Seen this code come up on other printers but the solutions do not apply for the C1760NW.

Turned on and off. Turned off and on. Followed steps for other models only to get so far as the next stage isn't applicable and therefore it cannot be tested.

Is there anything that can be done on this for me to test and others who have this problem find this thread and also find a solution?

1 Message

March 11th, 2018 12:00

This doesn't work with my Mac either. Is it only a PC solution?

I've tried physically cleaning the sensors at the back and reinstalling any drivers yet this doesn't work. My printer is less than 3 years old so this is extremely frustrating.

1 Message

March 13th, 2018 14:00

First of all, its nothing like LED. I have questions, How deep should i clean (how deep should i put the cotton stick)? Should i clean from the sides in that hole? Is the sensor on the bottom or the top? Could you tell all that from the beginning?

May 3rd, 2018 11:00

Hello, 

I had the same error code on my C1765nfw - did the ADC clean, downloaded the update, nothing helped.  I was asked to provide the serial number of the toner cartridge, and the service tag number.

I could not find a serial number on the cartridge - and Dell told me that since my printer was out of warranty, the error code meant I just needed to replace the printer.

However - tada!! - I kept trying different cartridges.  When I got the empty cartridge message, I changed the settings - menu>system>admin>maintenance>Non-Dell Toner>On.  

It is now printing again, and in color as well as B/W!!

I am so glad I kept working on this!

June 4th, 2018 09:00

Hi, i have tried your fix but, the printer keeps saying not ready, so i have been unable to download the latest firmware.

Any other solutions would be great.

October 3rd, 2018 09:00

Hi,

Reinstalled the Firmware; cleaned the sensor; rebooted several times. Anyone can help? Thanks in advance.

1 Message

March 29th, 2019 17:00

I get the error code 009-654 code 2010000. I wanted to try updating the firmware like you said, but it won't do anything because the error message is showing on the printer. When I try to download the new firmware it just says unable to update firmware while printer is not ready. What do you do for that???? It's like since it is in error mode it won't let me update any firmware for the printer. UGH!! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 Rookie

• 

2 Posts

May 31st, 2019 17:00

Well I my dell C1660W had this error code. I did the firmware update, changed cartridges, and cleaned the **bleep** sensors. It flickered back to life to for a second to get 1 print job done and then error again. Then I saw a method for C1760W that I thought couldn't work earlier but at this point it was going to get tossed so didn't care. Put printer on floor. Flipped it on its side with cartridge side up. Picked it up 2 inches and dropped it. Repeated a couple of times. Plugged it back in AND IT MFIN WORKED!!!   Code was gone!!! I printed couple 100 sheets already and fine. The Russian type repair worked!!!

1 Rookie

• 

2 Posts

January 20th, 2023 03:00

Old thread but just wanted to say BFDUMMY isn't nuts. I did the same thing in the end after exhausting all other options (did firmware upgrade, put original Dell cartridges in, cleaned everything I could get to, used CE mode to clear NVRAM etc. etc.) It was fit for the bin so thought what the heck. Didn't work first couple of times, third time I got a horrible mechanical noise when switching it on, so I turned it over and dropped the other way hoping to reseat whatever was stuck. Turned it on and got the "Calibrating...." message, it emptied the remaining magenta and yellow doing cycles of this. I replaced those and hey presto I have a working printer (for now) So as mad as it may seem if you get to the "it's going in the bin" stage do give this a try - make sure to drop onto an old blanket, duvet, newspapers etc that you can throw away as toner is likely to come out of the printer. I'm using non original cartridges and now it's working I've set it back to non Dell toner mode in the settings. HTH.

1 Message

December 13th, 2023 16:42

Where specifically are the sensors and what is exactly do they look like? 

1 Rookie

• 

1 Message

April 25th, 2024 19:28

@BFDUMMY@sph71   WTFFFF, Russian style does work!!!  Folks I cleaned all possible things that could be sensor (honestly dont know what is the sensor), flipped it up down, left right, drop drop, and VOILLAA Mon Ami,  it is now working.   Dell should update their trouble shooting.

1 Rookie

• 

1 Message

August 31st, 2024 05:52

I came here to say this too. This method actually worked, OMG... I tried cleaning the sensor, changing toner, updating the firmware, all methods failed. Did the below fix (put printer on floor with toner side facing up, and drop it from a couple of inches a couple of times). Knocked some sense back into the printer.

EDIT: My printer is Dell E525W instead of C1760NW, but I think it's similar model.

RE:

@BFDUMMY@sph71   Russian style does work!!!  Folks I cleaned all possible things that could be sensor (honestly dont know what is the sensor), flipped it up down, left right, drop drop, and VOILLAA Mon Ami,  it is now working.   Dell should update their trouble shooting.

(edited)

No Events found!