Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 22nd, 2012 10:00

Dell 1320c - Black prints as grey

As the title suggests I have a Dell 1320c which prints grey instead of black.

I have tried all the solutions in this thread

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/peripherals/f/3528/t/18663315.aspx

Someone suggested I clean the PHD. Could this be a solution?  I am unable to find how to clean it though.

Thanks

677 Posts

August 24th, 2012 07:00

Hi r4debe,

You could try the below mentioned steps to correct the issue:

1. Check the amount of toner left in the cartridge by going to "Printer status" and selecting "Status" tab.

2. Uncheck the "Toner saving mode as off" by going to "Printing preferences" and selecting "Advanced tab".

Please find the link below to remove and installing PHD Unit.

<ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>

Please let us know if this fixes the issue.

Thanks and Regards
Harish R
#iworkfordell

4 Posts

August 28th, 2012 11:00

Thanks.

The black toner is ok though the yellow is a bit low.

Toner saving mode is off.

I have removed the PHD though I am unable to find how to clean it.

I have read that I should try refresh mode but I am unable to find this in the toolbox.

677 Posts

August 29th, 2012 08:00

Hi r4debe

Please follow the steps mentioned below for refresh mode.

1. Click the Tool Box button.
2. Press the Start button to check the density of colors.
3. If the print is too light, Select Refresh Mode from the list. Press the Start(1)-(4) buttons.
4. After you complete the Refresh Mode, select Chart Print from the list. Press the Print with A4(3) or Print with Letter(C) button for 4 Colors Configuration Chart. "Printing" appears.

Using the Refresh Mode consumes extra toner.

Please reply back for further queries

Thanks and Regards
Harish R
#iworkfordell

1 Message

August 29th, 2012 11:00

I can't tell you a single exact thing I did because I tried a bunch at once. Under the Toolbox/Diagnosis I ran several features which resulted in black ink again: Under machine check - Main motor operation and Fuser motor operation also Dispense Motor Check (black)... I did not yet try to print black on the printer... Under Developer Stir Mode - start. Under Refresh Mode I started the black then the PHD. At this point I printed a page with black on it and it printed black. I don't know which step(s) actually fixed it, but somewhere in the process I fixed it (probably until a later date) and didn't have to print pages and pages. Hope it works for you. 

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

August 29th, 2012 12:00

ShawnRitt,

Try reading THIS ARTICLE. Please note, llynster no longer participates here.

Rick

4 Posts

August 30th, 2012 08:00

Thanks Harish.

'

This is the advice I have been reading. My problem is in point '2. Press the Start button to check the density of colors.'

Where is this start button located?  Under 'Reports' I have start buttons 1 to 5, is it one of these?  Am I looking in the correct place?  When the toolbox opens it is on the 'Printer Settings Report' tab and the 'Printer Information'  menu is highlighted on this tab.

I am also unable to locate the 'refresh mode' option. Where exactly in toolbox is it?

Thanks

677 Posts

August 31st, 2012 08:00

Hi r4debe,

Refresh mode is available in the Diagnosis Tab. To find the Color density option please follow the steps below

Click Start> All Programs> Dell Printers> Additional Color Laser Software> Status Monitor Console.

The Printer Selection dialog box opens from where you can find the color density.

Thanks and regards
Harish R
#iworkfordell

4 Posts

September 4th, 2012 08:00

I followed the above steps which launches the printer selection window.  Here I can click a link to the Dell 1320c.

This launches the window with 4 options 'Status Window' 'Tool box' 'Updater' and 'Troubleshooting'

Which of these options is refresh mode under?

No Events found!