Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 18th, 2009 03:00

Dell 2335dn Automatic E-mail confirmation Report

Hi guys,

I succeded to set "Forwarding Fax to email" and is working fine. The only problem is that the printer prints out an "E-mail Confirmation Report" for every fax received (and forwarded of course).

Does anybody know how to stop that report?

Thanks

1 Message

March 31st, 2009 08:00

We have the same issue with our 2335dns. We were told my Dell tech support that the feature cannot be turned off; however, we decided to keep digging for a solution. It is a waste of paper, toner, and resources for the confirmation page to be printed everytime a scan to email is performed.

Any ideas are appreciated . . .

1.7K Posts

March 31st, 2009 08:00

I have a "source" inside Dell who tells me they are aware of this issue and are working on a fix.

ETA is UNKNOWN

2 Posts

April 2nd, 2009 06:00

As well as being a waste of toner, I'm not keen on having our SMTP address printed out and exposed to every user of the device doing scan-to-email. 

1 Message

May 20th, 2010 08:00

Hello,

I know this is a really old thread but found it when I was searching for a fix for the report problem.

Installed the latest firmware upgrade from the Dell website and once you flash the printer there's an option to turn off the reports via the web GUI in Email Settings>>SMTP Client Setup. If you scroll to the bottom of the screen you'll see "Print Confirmation Screen". You can set this to "On Errors Only"; "Always" and "Never".

Hope this helps someone.

Swarley.

1 Message

November 23rd, 2010 16:00

Swarley,

Thank you. It helped a lot. I was going nutty trying to find this setting. Poorly documented, as far as I can tell.

It's people like you that make the internet useful.

gko

No Events found!