Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 7th, 2010 10:00

Dell 926

I have a dell 926 that's printing big green blotches on the paper when I copy black and white. If I print a document from the computer It works fine. Need HELP please. 

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

December 7th, 2010 11:00

mikesdilly,

Does this also happen when you scan a document?

Are you using Dell Series 9 ink cartridges?

Unplug the printer from the wall. Now remove the power brick from the back of the printer for 60 seconds. Plug everything back in. This will reset any error messages the printer has.

Power on the printer. Open the printer and take out the Dell Series 9 Black cartridge. make sure all the tape is off the cartridge and put the cartridge back in. Now do the same for the Dell Series 9 color cartridge.

You are using Dell Series 9 ink cartridges, correct?

Dell Series 9 ink cartridges have a sensor in them that cannot be reset. Article on refilling Dell ink cartridges.

Dell Series 9 ink cartridges can be purchased at Staples, Walmart or Dell's Website.

Black cartridge = black side(left side)          Color cartridge = color side(right side)

Photo cartridge = black side(left side)          Color cartridge = color side(right side) 

It is possible to get a Dell Series 9 cartridge with a bad sensor. Contact the place of purchase for a replacement.

Rick

2 Posts

December 9th, 2010 04:00

Thanks for the response. They are the series 9, and are refills. I'm aware of the low ink message and never had a problem. I've done all the resetting and it still doesn't copy properly. I don't scan so I'm not sure if that's affected. My next step was to delete the software and reinstall. Thanks. Mike
PS I travel full time and every time I want to print I have to plug it in, it starts the print allignment and I cancel it. Then print whatever it was that I'm printing. Up till now, no problems

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

December 9th, 2010 07:00

mikesdilly,

Wondering if the different temperatures has something to do with the bloches. My choice would be to try New Dell Series 9 inkk cartridges and see if that resolves your issues. I really doubt if this would be a driver issue.

Rick

1 Message

October 25th, 2012 18:00

I also have that problem...printer prints black & white and color items from the computer just fine, but when I try to copy something, it comes out green.  Help!!

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

October 26th, 2012 00:00

Hi llangfeld,

Please try the below steps:

1. Load the plain paper in the printer.
  2. Press the right or left arrow button and select Maintenance.
  3. Press the Select button.
  4. Press the right or left arrow buttons and scroll to Align printer.
  5. Press Select button.

The printer will print an alignment page. Check if that helps or please try the below steps.

1. Load plain paper in the printer.
  2. Press the right or left arrow button and select Maintenance.
  3. Press the Select button.
  4. Press the right or left arrow buttons and scroll to Clean Cartridges.
  5. Press Select button.

The cleaning page begins printing. Try printing the original document you wanted to print and check.

Please reply for further help.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

October 26th, 2012 03:00

llangfeld,

Can you scan the document and save it as an image, then post it here. Don't use anything that will reveal anything personal.

Rick

No Events found!