Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 7th, 2010 07:00

Dell 968w Can't find Scanner Applications

The above printer, over a year old, is connected wirelessly to my computer--Windows Vista 32. For months the scanner has always worked. Now, all of a sudden, it can't find the scanner applications. I reloaded the software--nothing works. I downloaded the latest drivers. I rebooted. I unplugged the printer. Still nothing. However, the printer works just fine, so there doesn't seem to be a connection problem.

Any ideas???

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

January 7th, 2010 12:00

rkoerto1,

Do you have the Dell All-In-One Center or Dell Imaging Toolbox on your computer?

Rick

2 Posts

March 1st, 2011 20:00

Hi Pudgyone,

I have the same problem about the scanner applications on the same printer.  I do have the all in one center.  What can I do to fix it please.  I think my printer came with a installation cd and I can't seem to find it (in case is needed any other alternative).

Thanks,

Jp

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

March 2nd, 2011 08:00

jpez,

Go to start, all programs, Abbyy Fine Reader, Abbyy Fine Reader. Open it, do the agreement and register.

What are you trying to scan to?

Rick

2 Posts

March 2nd, 2011 19:00

Hi again,

I'm trying to make my wireless scanning option work in general.  My printing, copying and faxing work, but when i put something in the printer and press the buttons to scan that is when i get that scanning application message.  If I connect a USB cord it works, but wirelessly it does not.  I went to programs to search for that Abbyy Reader and i don't find that.  I must not have it.  What is it?  When I scan it usually opens to what ever program i have it set too.

Jpez

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

March 3rd, 2011 01:00

Jpez,

What channel is your wireless router using? What type of security?

Abbyy Fine Reader is your OCR Program, needed to scan documents to Microsoft Word.

As for scanning, if you have the disk that came with the printer, then insert the Printer disk and stop it from running. Go to My Computer and double click on it. Look for the drive with the Dell disk in it. Right click on it, left click explore. Look for the OCR Folder. In the OCR Folder, there is an Abbyy Folder. right click on setup.exe, that's in the Abbyy Folder and left click run as administrator. This will install the OCR program.

Or

Try Simple OCR

Update list of applications to send scans to

Also try these tweaks...

Go to device manager(right click my computer, left click properties, left click hardware, left click device manager)

Go to the USB Controller section and click the + sign.

Go to each USB Root Hub and right click on it, left click properties, left click power management. Uncheck the box, allow computer to turn off this device to save power.

Restart your computer.

--------------------------------------

Go to device manager(right click my computer, left click properties, left click hardware, left click device manager). Click on Network and then right click on your wireless adapter, left click properties, power management. Uncheck the box, allow computer to turn off this device to save power.

Rick

No Events found!