Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 23rd, 2014 21:00

Dell AIO 946 - Error Code: NeverErr:0x960F

I have an AIO 946 and it has new ink cartridges which are full. I can't print or make copies.When I turn it on it tells me the "left cartridge incorrect". 

I've tried your previous suggestion of removing the power brick and resetting the ink cartridges but i'm still receiving the error.

Any other suggestions? I'm on the verge of just buying a new printer.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

February 24th, 2014 11:00

Melvac,

Are you using Dell Series 5 ink cartridges, refilled or generic brand?

If you unplug the printer from the wall and remove the power brick for 60 seconds, this will reset any error messages the printer has. I would then plug everything back in.

Power on the printer. 

Open the printer(with the power on) and take out the Dell Series 5 black cartridge and then reseat it. I would then take out the color Dell Series 5 ink cartridge and reseat it. Now close the printer and it will print an alignment page.

Any error messages?

black cartridge = black side(left side)          color cartridge = color side(right side)

photo cartridge = black side(left side)          color cartridge = color side(right side)

Dell Series 5 ink cartridges have a sensor in them that cannot be reset. Article on refilling Dell ink cartridges .

Dell Series 5 ink cartridges can be purchased at Staples, Walmart or Dell's Website.

It's possible to get a Dell Series 5 ink cartridge with a bad sensor. I would that these back to the place of purchase for a replacement or a refund.

Rick

3 Posts

March 12th, 2014 18:00

Hi, Yes I am using genuine Dell Ink purchased from Staples.

I have tried your steps but I still receive the same error.

Anything else I can try?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

March 12th, 2014 20:00

Melvac,

Dell 946 Printer?

Dell Series 5 ink cartridge?

Any of the cartridges Photo?

Rick

3 Posts

March 12th, 2014 21:00

Hi Rick, yes I have a Dell 946 AIO Printer.

I have full Del Series 5 ink cartridges. 1-Black and 1-Color  No Photo

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

March 13th, 2014 08:00

Melvac,

Unplug the printer from the wall. Now remove the power brick for 60 seconds. This will reset any error messages the printer is getting.

Power on the printer. 

Open the printer(with the power on) and take out the Dell Series 5 black cartridge and then reseat it. I would then take out the color Dell Series 5 ink cartridge and reseat it. Now close the printer and it will print an alignment page.

Any error messages?

black cartridge = black side(left side)          color cartridge = color side(right side)

photo cartridge = black side(left side)          color cartridge = color side(right side)

Dell Series 5 ink cartridges have a sensor in them that cannot be reset. Article on refilling Dell ink cartridges .

Dell Series 5 ink cartridges can be purchased at Staples, Walmart or Dell's Website.

It's possible to get a Dell Series 5 ink cartridge with a bad sensor. I would that these back to the place of purchase for a replacement or a refund.

Rick

1 Message

June 21st, 2014 16:00

My cartridges are installed properly.  I unpluged the printer from the wall and removed the brick.  After pluging everthing back in and removing and reinstalling them I get an error1203 which is a short in the black cartrige.  Given that this printer is 7 years old and this is the second time this has happened, what do you suggest?  Replace the cartrige or the printer?   Roger

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

June 22nd, 2014 00:00

Roger,

Error 1203 is a very interesting error code. Here is what I found out about error 1203

Error 1203 is a very interesting cartridge error. It means your cartridges overflow even from brand new cartridges after a several prints or right after you refilled the cartridges. Check to see if ink are smeared on the holder where the contact panel with the cartridge

Solution:
I use the lint free cloth(coffee filter work great) with a few drops of water to dampen and clean off those contact on the holder and my printer work again.
Then before you print anything, you should run aligned the cartridges a couple times then run clean cartridges a couple times.
Print the test page to see how it's look and way you go.
Be sure not to leave any debris of lint free cloth(coffee filter work great on those holder contact panel.

No Events found!