Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 4th, 2012 09:00

Dell AIO Printer wont print in black.

My printer just stoped printing in Black.   All i get is the color parts and they are not real clear.   I installed a new black dell cartridge and removed the tape.   All in one center shows both cartridges full.   I realligned it, and test print does have black rows at bottom.   When i copy a B&W page it prints in Brown.     Not sure what to do next.    Suggestions? 

2 Posts

Dell AIO 968 Printer.     

I cleaned cartridges as you suggested,   Test page comes out perfect.    Black lines at bottom are dark and crisp.

But when i print a document the page still comes out blank :-(

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

Hi md3132a,

There are different troubleshooting steps for different types of printers, so please provide me the model of the printer you are using, so that I can help you in isolating the problem and fixing it.

Also you can try Wiping the Ink Cartridge Nozzles and Contacts, follow the below steps:

1. Remove the ink cartridges.
  2. Dampen a clean, lint-free cloth with water.
  3. Gently hold the cloth against the nozzles for about three seconds, and then wipe the nozzle of the ink cartridge in one direction
  4. Clean the cartridge container with the lint free cloth. Make sure there are no traces of ink in the cartridge container.
  5. Wait for 3-4 minutes to let the water dry on the cartridge and the container.
  6. Reinsert the ink cartridge.
  7. Print your document again and check .

Please reply for further help.

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

October 5th, 2012 08:00

Hi md3132a,

Please try the below steps:

1. Load the plain paper in the printer.
  2. Press the down arrow button and select Maintenance.
  3. Press the Select button.
  4. Press the up and down arrow buttons and scroll to Align printer.
  5. Press Select button.

The printer will print an alignment page. Check if that helps or please try the below steps.

1. Load plain paper in the printer.
  2. Press the down arrow button and select Maintenance.
  3. Press the Select button.
  4. Press the up and down arrow buttons and scroll to Clean Cartridges.
  5. Press Select button.

The cleaning page begins printing. Try printing the original document you wanted to print and check.

Please reply for further help.

No Events found!