Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 12th, 2009 16:00

Dell All In ONe

My printer has an error message  Right Cartridge incorrect.  I have taken the cartridge in and out.  I've put another cartridge in.  I've tried unplugging everything and nothing works.  It worked one night and the next day it did not work.  Any suggestions would be appreciated

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

August 13th, 2009 08:00

sctamontgomery,

Make and model of printer is very helpful. Also are you using Dell Series ink cartridges? Is one of the cartridges a Photo Cartridge?

Rick

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

August 13th, 2009 17:00

sctamontgomery,

Unplug the printer. Now remove the power brick from the back of the printer for 60 seconds. This will reset the error messages the printer is getting.

Black side = black cartridge(left side)          color cartridge = color side(right side)

Photo cartridge = black side(left side)          color cartridge = color side(right side)

Rick

That didn't work.

It is a Dell Photo All-in-One Printer 962.  Yes, I am using Dell Cartridges.  I get the error message with the photo and the color cartridge.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

August 13th, 2009 18:00

sctamontgomery,

If you unplug the printer again, remove the power brick for 60 seconds. The plug everything back in. Power the printer on. Open the printer and remove the black cartridge, reseat it and put it back in. Do the same for the color cartridge. When you close the printer, it should try to print an alignment page.

Any error messages?

Rick

August 15th, 2009 11:00

That didn't help any either.  The error message is still there. 

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

August 15th, 2009 17:00

sctamontgomery,

If they were Dell ink cartridges, it's possible it had a bad sensor. Take it back to the place of purchase for a replacement.

Rick

No Events found!