Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 29th, 2009 14:00

Dell All In One Photo 926 Printer Scan Option; Error Message: "Scan Request Failed"

Fireberd (and ctalia4000) were helpful in directing me to the appropriate forum for my problem. Unfortunately because of my lack of computer knowledge, I didn't understand 90% of what he said.  I appreciate his attempt to help anyway.  He gave me some tips, but I only use computers for things like e-mail, PowerPoint, etc.  I absolutely know NOTHING about the insides of computers. I did not even install my computer and get it up and running.  Someone else did, and his knowledge of computers is one level up from mine.

I try to scan something through my Dell All In One Photo 926 printer and get the error message "scan request failed."  Is anyone able to assist me using layman's terms (e.g., no computer technician words that have secret meanings)?

I do appreciate you all.  Thank you.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

March 29th, 2009 16:00

LorraineCooke,

Since you didn't state the make and model of your computer and operating system, please follow the instructions below to re-install the printer. It's highly likely that the printer drivers got installed wrong and this is usually one of the biggest problems.

First, let's make sure your computer has the latest Windows Updates, especially .net framework, needed to run many applications and the latest Java.

Disconnect your printer. Download and run this patch to completely remove the printer from your computer.

Restart your computer.

Download only the drivers you need for your computer.

XP Drivers

Vista 32-bit Drivers

All other drivers

Install only the drivers you need for your computer. You'll be prompted when to connect your printer(powered on)

As for scanning, if you have the disk that came with the printer, then insert the Printer disk and stop it from running. Go to My Computer and double click on it. Look for the drive with the Dell disk in it. Right click on it, left click explore. Look for the OCR Folder. In the OCR Folder, there is an Abbyy Folder. right click on setup.exe, that's in the Abbyy Folder and left click run as administrator. This will install the OCR program.

Scanning

Scanning using USB connection, open the Dell All-In-One Center, click on scanning and copying and scan from there.

Scanning wirelessly, use the scan buttons on the printer.

Rick

No Events found!