Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 5th, 2014 17:00

Dell C1765nfw Color Multifunction Printer Paper Jam Error 077-901 Rear Cover

My C1765nwf has an error code of 077-901. I had been printing on tracing paper using a custom setting and a piece came dislodged from the regular paper that it was double-sided taped to. I got the papers out of the rear of the printer, but the error still shows. I would imagine that there may be a tiny piece of something in there making the sensor think that it is still jammed. I am almost positive that I got every piece of it out, but obviously I may not have.

Using a forum for a different Dell printer with the same error code, ( http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/peripherals/f/3528/t/19260009 ) I ran this test:

"1. Power off the printer
2. Press and hold the UP and DN arrow keys while powering on the printer; the buttons may be released when the LCD indicates "Diagnosing".
3. LCD should indicate "Customer Mode" and "ESS Diag" (or something similar).
4. Press the DN arrow to display "IOT Diag"; press the ENTER button.
5. LCD should indicate "IOT Diag" and "Digital Input"; press the ENTER button.
6. Press the UP/DN buttons until the desired DI-xx is shown, then press the ENTER button to execute the test.

The test we want to run is the Regi-Sensor test -- DI-3. Press the up arrow until the LCD indicates "DI-3 OFF" then press the enter button. The LCD should now indicate "DI-3 L 0". If it indicates "DI-3 H 0", then there is indeed some paper jamming the regi-sensor area."

My results show:

DI-0 H 0

DI-2 H 0

DI-3 L 0

DI-4 L 0

DI-5 H 0

DI-6 L 0

DI-7 L 0

Since the forum I was referencing is regarding a different printer, I am not sure how to proceed. I had this printer for about 4 months when this happened, but I still had an old printer that I had been using before this so I just set this aside at the time. Unfortunately, I set it aside for so long that the warranty is now expired, but I would really like to be able to use it again. I am very handy with tools and electronics, so I feel completely comfortable trying to fix this myself. I just don't want to go ripping into it without any direction or knowing what I am even looking at. Does anyone have any advice for me to move forward? What should I check/look at next?

2 Intern

• 

259 Posts

October 2nd, 2014 10:00

Hello NEITZKE,

Please understand that this is primarily a user to user forum with Dell acting primarily as a moderator, posting responses when we are able to. If you require real time support please contact Dell technical support by phone or chat.

Regarding your concern, the error code points to a failure of the input sensor or debris stuck somewhere. Try pressing down and holding the AC button for about five seconds. Normally a blank sheet should be pulled thru forcing any debris out. If the error persists your best option is to replace the printer as that is the course of action we would take if it were under warranty.

Regards,
Joseph E

[tag:iworkfordell]

3 Posts

May 9th, 2016 11:00

my results are exactly the same as yours and I still get a paper jam.   I have a useless printer/paper weight at this point.

1 Rookie

• 

5 Posts

October 1st, 2014 07:00

What is the answer from DELL pertaining your issue?

2 Posts

October 1st, 2014 13:00

They haven't answered my question.

1 Message

May 13th, 2015 12:00

Pressing the AC button worked!!!!!   Nothing else did!!!   It does it's own check and send a piece of paper thorugh the printer!!!!  thanks

7 Posts

December 10th, 2015 06:00

Why did I have to come to the forums to find this trick out. It should be in printer support and in the manual.

1 Message

December 10th, 2015 09:00

How do I contact Dell? I had the same problem but decided to attack it head on.  I opened the printer to try to get the debris out but damaged a small white ribbon cable connector at the side.  I have tried to find a replacement part but I cannot find it online as I don't know the part's exact name. I was told that it could be a 16 pin 2 way ribbon cable socket but that doesn't show up on a search.

3 Posts

May 9th, 2016 11:00

Unfortunately the AC did not work for me.

8 Posts

September 14th, 2016 12:00

This printer pulls papar jam errors 97% of the time I print. It's a piece . One more reason I'm no longer a dell customer.

No Events found!