Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 6th, 2012 17:00

Dell Monchrome laser 2350d/dn 900.43 firmware error

Friends:

I received a 900.43 firmware error for my Dell 2350d/dn monochrome laser printer. I have found suggested fixes by using Google but they don't specifically mention my printer. I was not able to find an apt post on this forum by searching but there were so many hits that I might have overlooked the solution. I welcome any advice you can share.

Thank you,

Justin

2 Posts

July 9th, 2012 08:00

I have a Dell 3330dn that just over this same weekend is now giving me the same "Firmware Error 900.43" and won't respond to anything.  I am going to try and update the firmware with the latest version via USB cable.  The printer is not accessible via its network connection.  I will report back what happens.

2 Posts

July 9th, 2012 09:00

I was not able to get the printer to function via USB either.  In order to update the Firmware you either have to have connectivity via USB or IP.  In my case I have neither.  My printer isn't under warranty so it looks like its just going to get replaced.

117 Posts

July 9th, 2012 16:00

900.43 is a PS driver specific error. Sometimes it can be resolved by clearing your print queue, sometimes if you swap to the PCL/XL driver it will resolve. Other times the unit needs to be replaced for a board related issue since it cannot process the data correctly.

1 Message

December 5th, 2013 10:00

The only time I have had this problem is with a PDF file that came in thru Email that I tried to print from a new Commercial customer.  I had to delete that Print Request from the Printer Control, unplug and then replug power to the printer, that cleared the error. I could print any other document on my computer, including directly from the Internet, but when I went back to that one PDF page, I got the 900.43 Firmware error again and it shut down the printer.  I have since deleted that one PDF file from my computer, reset my printer and no problems since.

1 Message

October 27th, 2014 10:00

Thank you so much for your advice!  The posts prior to yours made nervous thinking that I was going to have to replace my printer.  You're a genius!!  :-)

1 Message

April 10th, 2016 15:00

I find that simply unplug the Dell power and replug the power will solve the problem

1 Message

April 20th, 2016 06:00

I got the Firmware Error [900.43].  Googled it and found this thread.  Turing on and off worked initially; it no longer does.

I also found the LexMark has a procedure, similar to this thread; however, it takes it a bit further.  IT suggests that if you "Disable Postscript Passthrough" that the problem may go away.  I could not find a functional equivalent to that in the settings for either Acrobat or the printer.

Does anyone know the functional equivalent for this with the Dell 2360d?

Thx

No Events found!