Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 21st, 2011 22:00

Dell V305 Printer Help... Desperate need for a fix to this problem.

Basically I got this printer with my new Dell Studio laptop about two years ago and everything worked great for a few weeks. Then for some odd reason, the printer stopped loading the paper for it to print, saying it had a jam (although I took it apart and there was nothing in there). I waston't able to find a solution to the problem, so I basically packed up the printer in the box to send off to Dell at one point or another down the road. Well, two years later I am finally trying to fix this thing once and for all so I can stop using my college's library to print things off. 

At this point, there doesn't seem to be a paper jam, but the paper isn't loading into the tray at all. 

I took a short video of what it does, in order to provide a visual. Unfortunately, youtube is taking a while to process the video. It should be up soon though. Just visit my page at http://www.youtube.com/user/motoxkid384

Thank you in advance for the help!

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

August 22nd, 2011 12:00

thefrickster,

Sorry, only saw the baseball game.

Open the top of the printer and examine for any paper pieces. Also look where the paper tray is. Does your paper tray come out? If so take it out and look there.

Does your printer have a duplixer, in the back of the printer? If so, press the two tabs and take out the duplexer and look for a jam there.

Rick

No Events found!