Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 11th, 2011 12:00

Dell V305 problem

I have a Dell V305 printer hooked up via USB cable to a Studio Desktop running Window 7(64 bit).  Printer has worked flawlessly for over a year and suddenly it has stopped printing.  Sometime it will progess to 15,34, or 99% but will never print.  Once it started printing during mid-print and stopped.  I have unistalled and reinstalled the latest drivers.  Unhooked the usb and power cable trying to reset it.  Even tried a system restore.  You can use the buttons on the printer and it will print a test page but will do nothing from the desktop.  I run the troubleshoot option but it does not find any problems.

I have even cleared all documents out of the printer queue.  I tried to bypass the spooler and go directly to printer but received an error message.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Tony

3 Posts

November 12th, 2011 08:00

Rick,

This solved my issues.  Thanks so much..

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

November 11th, 2011 13:00

Tony,

Can you copy a document under the glass? Black and white and color?

Rick

3 Posts

November 11th, 2011 20:00

Yes, I can use the buttons on the printer and make copies in black and white and color.  However, if I try to scan something it will read downloading application list and it will set there with this message for awhile.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

November 12th, 2011 01:00

Tony,

First run Delete Print Jobs to remove any stuck print jobs from the queue.

Disconnect the printer.

Uninstall the printer, start, control panel, programs and features, Dell V305, uninstall

Restart your computer.

With the computer online, You can insert the printer disk and follow the instructions or get the drivers from Dell V305 & V305w All-In-One Printer owners thread (W7)

Remember virus programs and firewalls will block communications.

Also try this tweak...

Start, control panel, device manager.

Go to the USB Controller section and click the + sign.

Go to each USB Root Hub and right click on it, left click properties, left click power management. Uncheck the box, allow computer to turn off this device to save power.

Restart your computer.

Rick

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

November 12th, 2011 08:00

Tony,

Glad you got it working! :emotion-21: Thanks for posting back.

Take care,

Rick

No Events found!