Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 29th, 2010 17:00

Dell V310 Series Printer

We bought a Dell V310 Series Printer, wireless, worked great at first, managed to get all my computers to print to it, about 2 wks after using it, it stopped printing color, did the cleaning routine, no go, contacted Dell support, they sent me a new color cartridge, received it 2 days ago and put it in, still no color copies (or print from the computers), contacted Dell support again, gave them permission to log onto my computer, they determined that my black ink cartridge needed replacing and that would solve the problem.  Replaced it today, still no color copies, from any of my computers or using it as a copier.  The printer does not give any error code and no error code when I print from any of my computers.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

October 29th, 2010 19:00

Terri,

Contact Dell Tech Support, since you sounded like it's under waranty. It soundslike there is an issue.

Rick

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

huskydogs_5,

Try looking at the settings on the printer and make sure it's not set to copy in Black and White.

Start, control panel, printers, your printer printer preferences, advanced. Make sure the complete-A-Print boxes are not checked, if your printer has this setting. Also look in printer preferences and make sure the print in black and white box is not checked.

Rick

Hi, the printer is set for 'color', also on all my computers is 'print using all colors', when I put a 'color' document on the glass and 'copy' it, it comes out black/white, when I send a spreadsheet with financial report, some is in red, the red does not even print in black, completely blank, the spread sheet is sent from my laptop or my pc.  I have printed this spreadsheet before with no problem to the printer, Dell is suppose to call me back next week to see if replacing the black cardridge worked, which it did not, the ink levels are full.  There is no error codes on the printer or computer.  I have a feeling I'm going to be boxing it up and sending it back.

Thanks

Terri

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

October 29th, 2010 20:00

Terri,

I have a Dell V715w Wireless Printer and I remembered how hard they were to put in. I helped by telling the Printer people at Dell they needed to tell how t install these cartridges, since they had a lip on them, that's where I got the pictures from.

Maybe a bad printhead but since it can be a waranty issue, then let them take care of it. If I remember correctly, the first cartridge went quickly until the printhead had ink through it. The second cartridge is going much slower. The cartridge has been printing since school started. Still have a lot of ink in each cartridge.

Let me know how you make out.

Rick

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

Terri,

When you tried to reseat any of the Dell Series ink cartridges, did you try it this way?

Insert the ink cartridge.

1. Using two hands, lower the front end of the cartridge (the end that is facing you) into the printhead, make sure the lip on the cartridge hooks into the printhead.
  2. Pivot the back of the cartridge into the printhead and then press down on the back of the cartridge until you feel the cartridge click into place.

I believe there is a lip on the cartridge, like mine.

Be careful to get the lip into the slot.

Rick

Hi, thanks, checked it and made sure it was securely set in, still no color.  That was a good suggestion though.

Thanks - Terri

Thanks Rick, I had been in contact with dell, they are to call me next week to see if replacing the black cartridge fixed the problem, I did tell them that made no sense at all,

Thanks again, Terri

1 Message

March 19th, 2011 15:00

Did you ever get this problem resolved? I am having the same problem. I had very low ink in my color cartridge when the problem occured, so I replaced it with a new one.  I made sure the color button was selected, re-seeded the color cartridge and did a deep printhead cleaning and printed a sample page. No color.

3 Posts

June 25th, 2011 01:00

Hi Rick,

I ham having the same problem Terri and joesap53 reported here, but my warranty had just expired when the problems started.

The Dell V310-printer worked well during the first year. I used 3 b/w cartidges and 2 color cartridges, no problems. But now it is just printing in b/w. I have replaced the color cartridge (that was indeed almost empty) and done a deep preinthead cleaning. No color.

It looks like a hardware issue. But even then - is it possible to replace the printhead?

Thank you,

Laura

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

June 25th, 2011 03:00

Laura,

I suspect a bad Dell Series Ink cartridge.

Try reading...

Cleaning the Printhead on Dell AIO V313w, V515w, V715w, P513w, and P713W Printers

Troubleshooting Printhead Problems on the Dell AIO V313w, V515w, V715w, P513w, and P713W Printers

Before you reseat the Dell Series ink cartridge, shake it to loosen the sensor, if it get stuck.

If that doesn't work, the contact the place of purchase for a replacement cartridge.

Rick

No Events found!