Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 18th, 2013 14:00

Dell photo 944 printer compatible with Windows 8

Wondering if anyone can tell me if my current printer will work on my new computer.  I have a Dell all-in-one photo 944 printer which I have had no problems with.  We just bought a new HP desktop with Windows 8. I've put the Driver disc in, downloaded it off the Dell website... and still come up short without a driver or the ability to print now.  I've been going back and forth, following all sorts of instructions and reading different blogs regarding the problems that people have had getting these printers to work in this situation, most of which were unsuccessful. Can anyone save me the trouble and let me know if my printer is doomed and will not print off of my new computer, Windows 8... or is there a real solution? 

Thanks,

Matty

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

March 18th, 2013 17:00

Hi Matty,

I'm going to move your message to the printers forum for more help.

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

March 18th, 2013 17:00

Hi Matty,

The AIO 944 printer is not compatible with Windows 8 Operating system.

Please click here to check the compatibility of the printers: http://dell.to/YJYUIe

Please reply for any further help.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

March 18th, 2013 19:00

Matty,

As DELL-Nikhil D stated, there will not be Windows 8 drivers for this printer.

You can try this, it may or may not work...

First run Delete Print Jobs to remove any stuck print job in the queue.

Disconnect the printer.

Download and run the patch(printer cleanup utility) until it prompts you to restart your computer.

Restart your computer. Make sure the printer is removed.
Manual Printer Driver Removal

Download the Vista 32-bit drivers for Windows 8 32-bit or the Vista 64-bit drivers for Windows 8 64-bit. Install the Vista drivers in the Vista Compatibility mode You'll get a message, the printer is not connected. Connect the printer at this time(powered on).

Links to the patch/drivers can be found at...

Dell 944 All-In-One Printer owners thread (W7)

Remember virus programs and firewalls will block communications. If you did not install any virus program, then Windows Defender will be the default virus program. Try reading...

Allow Printer past Microsoft Essentials/Windows Defender

Rick

2 Posts

March 20th, 2013 19:00

Thanks for the link.... yea it looks like out of luck with this printer. 

Thanks for you time,

Matty

1 Message

March 8th, 2014 11:00

I have the dell photo 944 and I have windows 8. I am running in 64 bit but I don't know what kind of vista I have to download,\. I don't want to have problems with my windows 8. I have to download all de vista 64?. What its gong to happen with windows 8. How can I download the vista 64 bit without have any problems with windows 8 to install my old printer

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

March 8th, 2014 12:00

HGUARIN,

No guarantee this will work but has worked for other members.

First run Delete Print Jobs to remove any stuck print job in the queue.

Disconnect the printer.

Download and run the patch(printer cleanup utility) until it prompts you to restart your computer.

Restart your computer. Make sure the printer is removed.
Manual Printer Driver Removal

Download the Vista 32-bit drivers for Windows 7 32-bit or the Vista 64-bit drivers for Windows 8 64-bit. Install the Vista drivers in the Vista Compatibility mode You'll get a message, the printer is not connected. Connect the printer at this time(powered on).

Links to the patch/drivers can be found at...

Dell 944 All-In-One Printer owners thread (W7)

Remember virus programs and firewalls will block communications. If you did not install any, then Windows Defender is the default. Try reading...

Allow Printer past Microsoft Essentials/Windows Defender

Rick

No Events found!