Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 31st, 2016 11:00

Document feeder on the H625cdw works erratically

Just 1 year after purchase the document feeder on the H625cdw  works erratically. Two weeks after warranty period ended, the roller that should come down in ADF and pull the paper to be scanned, no longer comes down or comes down at wrong time. So, cannot consistently scan multi page documents, 

I am not sure if the problem coincided with a Software release or not, but first time I noticed the feed problem was after a recommended FW upgrade in December.

Sometimes, if I push the paper far enough into the mouth of the ADF until I feel some resistance, it scans but after a couple of pages, aborts with jam indicator. Usually, the paper does not get pulled in at all, but it appears to make usual mechanical noises of trying to pull in paper from ADF, and then shows a jam indicator.

P.S. : I do see another customer asking same question in July, but no responses.

532 Posts

January 13th, 2017 15:00

Hi,

Welcome to our community. We might have to update firmware for the printer and check if the issue resolves.

Private message the service tag, so that we can if there is a firmware update. To send a private message, click on my name and select ‘Send private message’.

1 Message

April 5th, 2020 17:00

I've been having the exact same issue with my H625cdw and I finally managed to come up with a workaround for it. Not a very good one, but at least I can now user the multi-sheet feeder. Since this has been really frustrating, here's the info if it is of use to anyone:

The plastic drop-down mechanism housing the feeder wheels latches up, with a spring to hold it in place, and it should drop down from that position when the motor starts to drive the wheels. From what I can tell, the motor initially drives it backwards which pushes in up into the latched position; then it switches to driving it forwards which should make it drop down, but doesn't. This seems to be all friction driven, and apparently the friction just isn't enough to overcome the spring holding it up. That looks to be a design flaw.

What I did was to drill a small hole in the lift-up top plate covering the feeder. I drilled a 1/16" hole positioned 2-1/8" back from its front edge and 3-5/8" in from its left edge (when viewed from the right side of the printer). That positions the hole directly above the left side of the feeder wheel mechanism. When I use the feeder, as soon as the feed motor starts to run I wait about a second or so, then gently push a paper clip or similar down through the hold to give them feeder wheel mechanism a little nudge to release it so that it drops down.

Not a good solution, as I said, but it does work every time. I uploaded a photo and on it you can see the hole just in front of the opened-up paper clip.

0405201717.jpg

1 Message

November 7th, 2020 06:00

Same issue here on a but not keen on drilling a hole. Not sure a firmware update would fix it? Any other ideas?  @DELL-Lijo J 

1 Rookie

• 

18 Posts

June 6th, 2023 02:00

The problem is that there are 2 fingers down that are supposed to be up and they prevent you from pushing the stack of papers deep enough into the feeder.  The fix is each time before using the feeder open it up and snap the roller between the fingers down, push the fingers up and then snap the roller back into position and close the lid.  Now you can push the papers deeper into the feeder as it should be.

1 Message

December 22nd, 2023 23:40

Just put something heavy on top of the scanner roughly 2lbs... works like a charm for the auto feeder 

No Events found!