Start a Conversation

Unsolved

J

1 Message

July 3rd, 2019 14:00

E515dw won't stay connected to wireless network

I've had this printer for over a year with no problems until recently. I had a router issue and switched to a new router (Netgear->Linksys) and I can no longer get the printer to stay connected to the network. It will connect and stay on for a few minutes and then it shows not connected. I've tried to connect by keying in the wifi password and through WPS and have had the same result.

2 Posts

March 20th, 2020 07:00

I've had this same problem with this printer ever since I bought it. It will NEVER wake up when a print job is sent. I have had to reconnect to the network literally hundreds of times using the one-push WPS option on my cable modem/router and I've also used the PIN method from the printer. It will eventually connect and then I can print. When it does to sleep it loses the connection and printing no longer works. Even worse, every time I have to reconnect this stupid printer prints out a report with the connection status. I cannot turn this off. I have used and wasted more paper on these dumb reports than I have actually printing what I want.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

March 21st, 2020 11:00

wpjmurry,

Just a thought...

On your wireless router, are you using the auto channel? If so, try changing the router to channels 1, 6 or 11. I prefer channel 11.

Rick

No Events found!