Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

N

April 22nd, 2013 16:00

Help printing shipping labels with Dell Laser Printer 2155cn

I've had zero luck with dell technical support so maybe someone kind enough here could help me.

I am a full time seller on ebay, I print several hundred paypal shipping labels per week.

I use half sheet labels which are 5.5x8.5"

For those who don't know, a paypal shipping label is set up as a 8.5x11" label, but only the top half has the shipping label the bottom half of the page is blank. 

When I set the custom settings for the tray to my half sheet size, it works fine, but the problem is that it scales it down to the size of the sheet, so instead of it printing the label full size on my half sheet like my old printer did, it prints really small. 

I've tried messing with the settings, and I don't have the scale button clicked, so it shouldn't scale down, but it does automatically.

It'll print fine when I set it to letter size, and put my half sheets in, but the problem is that I get an error message after 2 sheets print.  Which is a real hassle because if I'm printing 100 labels I have to manually print them indivividually, instead of as 1 batch that prints all 100 with a single click.

Dell Technical support was clueless.  Maybe I just need to return this if it doesn't fit my needs, I have 10,000 labels and don't want to have to waste them, in addition when I used by full sheet labels which have 2 labels, it leaves a smear in the middle of the page because of the wax paper in the middle of the sheet must rub off on something because it leaves a reflection on the middle of the opposite label.  It would still work, but looks pretty ugly on the label and leaves a smear near where the zip code goes.

No Responses!
No Events found!