Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

April 23rd, 2013 05:00

How to setup remote printer?

I have two Dell desktops running on Win 7. The first computer has a wireless modem and I would like to send documents to the second computer for printing. I have a HP laser printer connected via usb to the second computer, which has a wifi adapter. How do I do the setup? I have changed the printer property to "shared" but when I try to search for it from the first computer, it can't seem to see it. Thanks in advance.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

April 24th, 2013 13:00

mikeraj,

Try reading...

How to Network with HomeGroup in Windows 7

Remember virus programs and firewalls will block communications.

Rick

165 Posts

April 24th, 2013 17:00

Thanks Rick! I will go though this article.

165 Posts

April 25th, 2013 07:00

In accessing troubleshooting tools I get the message that the "Peer networking grouping service isn't running", I attempt to start this service and get the error code "Error 1068, the dependency service or group failed to start". What should I do next?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

April 27th, 2013 18:00

mikeraj,

Did you setup the printer for sharing? Sharing a printer through a wireless network

What virus program(s) and firewall(s) are you using?

Does the printer have a valid ip address? If yes, did yo try installing the printer using the ip address?

Rick

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

April 27th, 2013 21:00

mikeraj,

Now I'm doing it.

Try reading...

Allow Printer past Microsoft Essentials/Windows Defender

Rick

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

mikeraj,

The Belkin has problems with WPA Security. I hate to suggest it, did you try WEP or no security?

Rick

165 Posts

I missed your other questions: I'm using MS Security Essentials and Windows Firewall. No other third party antivirus and firewall.

My printer is connected via usb to the second printer. How do I get the ip address?

165 Posts

Already tried all of that plus other suggestions from other forums.

I think it has something to do with my Belkin router as some have found out www.sevenforums.com/.../205276-homegroup-problem-3.html

No Events found!