Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

January 7th, 2008 20:00

Installing AIO 962 drivers and AIOC under Vista--found solution

When AIO 962 was first plugged into USB, Vista correctly located drivers for both printer and scanner.  Problem was that All in One Center was no longer available with many features I used regularly.  Loading from orignal install disks used in XP only resulted in lock up and loss of communication with printer. 

The following sequence finally loaded the current Vista drivers and then the AIOC:

1.  Download two updates from Dell support site at:
      3 downloads are available for the printer.  You only need the following:
               R166312.zip  dated 9/7/07
               R151564.exe   dated 3/18/07
Each are zip files that needing extracting.  Keep track of the folder used for extracting.

2.  Unzip R166312 and run.  This program will delete all previous Dell AIO962 drives and software.  It will give instructions to unplug the USB to the printer, which you should do.  When completed, it will want to reboot, which you should do.

3.  After reboot, connect printer back into USB.  Vista should then recognize new hardware and download current drivers for scan and printer.  Test to make sure printer will print.  If not, rerun step 2 again.

4.  After drivers loaded and communication with printer is now established, run R151564.exe.  It will unzip to a folder (note the folder).  When the message comes up to Install, cancel at that point.

5.  Locate the extraction folder from #4.  (default is:  C:\Dell\Drivers\R15164)  click on subfolder apps.  It should contain 2 folders and 2 files. (one of the folders should be AIOC)  In the apps folder, click on setup.exe.  Follow instructions for install.

In my case, finally, AIOC now worked exactly as it did on my previous XP system. 

I hope this works for others.  I spent quite a bit of time looking through support and forum without finding this solution.  Sure would have been nice to have Dell support give some more proactive support.

1 Message

January 21st, 2008 08:00

Hi, I'm having the same problem but what do you mean when you write "Locate the extraction folder from #4".
I've tried to do it on desktop folder but the setup.exe give a me an error code in the xml page..
please try to help me.
Best regards
AL

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

January 21st, 2008 14:00

I usually tell everyone this and everything works for them

How are you connected to the printer? wired of wireless?

If wired, disconnect your printer. Go to start/programs/Dell printers and un-install your printer.

Restart your computer.

Now go to drivers and downloads/select product/printers/select your printer.

Install your printer. You'll be prompted when to connect it.

If wireless, fix your network first.

Update the firmware in your wireless router. Manufacturer's website, make & Model needed.

Broadcast SSID(You may want to change this to make it easier to connect)

Use WPA security

After router is done, now setup your wireless print server/printer.

If wireless printer server is used, Plug USB cable into computer and print server. Insert the print server disk. Choose Network, then choose print server and follow the instructions.

Now setup the printer.

Now go to drivers and downloads/select product/printers/select your printer.

Install your printer. Choose Network. Install the drivers.

Everything should now work.

January 21st, 2008 14:00

Al,

When you download the files from Dell, you should not the directory where they are stored.  They are compressed execute files.  When you click on them to extract the files, they will provide opportunity to specify a folder to hold the extracted files, also listing a default location.

In my case, I used the default location provided---C:\Dell\Drivers\R15164.

Not sure why you would have error from desktop folder, but I didn't experiment with that combination.

Just make sure you are running the setup.exe contained in the folder "AIOC".  My previous message may not have been clear to open the AIOC folder and run the setup.exe in that folder.

Paul

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

October 12th, 2009 15:00

David,

This is a very old thread you responded to. Please make a new thread in the Dell Printers Forum. Please include the make and model of your computer(s) and operating system(s). Also mention the printer and how it's connected to the computer.

Thanks,

Rick

2 Posts

October 12th, 2009 15:00

I have same problem with my Dell 962 on new desktop. It is Gateway SX with Vista 64bit OS. 

Installed latest print drivers R151565. The printer is used as network printer not direct connected.

Printing works fine after the install but....

Here is the issue "AIOC exe has stopped working" I believe it fails scanning for applications.

Need help!

David

No Events found!