Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 21st, 2013 07:00

Installing USB driver after wireless on v715w printer

When I was installing my driver, I was given a choice of how  computer would communicate with printer.  I chose wireless.  That works fine.  But I also want to be able to use USB when wireless is down.  How do I go back and install that?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

November 21st, 2013 16:00

fschnarre,

You can install the printer, using the same drivers, choose local connection and follow the instructions. When you attach the printer, it should finish the installation. It may be called Dell V715w (1). I renamed the printer to wireless and wired

You shouldn't have a problems with the printer, unless there is a power flicker, usually during electrical storms. Then power cycling the equipment fixes it.

Power off your ISP modem/router and your wireless router(if any) for 30 seconds. Then power on the ISP modem/router. Wait 15 seconds, then power on the wireless router(if any)

Unplug the printer for 30 seconds, then plug the printer back in. Let it cycle until you see the green WiFi light.

Restart the computer.

Try these tweaks...

Start, control panel, device manager.

Go to the USB Controller section and click the + sign.

Go to each USB Root Hub and right click on it, left click properties, left click power management. Uncheck the box, allow computer to turn off this device to save power.

Restart your computer.

--------------------------------------

Start, control panel, device manager. Click on Network and then right click on your wireless adapter, left click properties, power management. Uncheck the box, allow computer to turn off this device to save power.

Rick

No Events found!