Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

May 1st, 2007 21:00

Missing "FAX Photo AIO Printer 966" printer after driver re-install

Hi.

I've reset the AIO 966 printer to the factory settings from the printer (physical) control panel, and started a network installation (the printer is wirelessly connected) from scratch with the USB cable supplied with the wireless card. Everything went well, and I was able to access the printer web interface from a browser on a PC on the wireless network, besides being able to print and access printer fax features (settings) from the "all in one center2 software. I then installed the latest driver release (newer than the one found on the installation CD that came with the printer). I first uninstalled the current printer (drivers), and installed the new drivers (downloaded from the Dell web site). My OS is Windows XP SP2 Home Edition.

Once I completed the new driver installation, what I noticed is that the printer named "FAX Photo AIO Printer 966" I could find before in the "Control Pamnel -> Printer and Faxes" list, was no longer there, and I just had the "Photo AIO Printer 966" entry. So now I cannot fax anymore wirelessly (remotely) from a program by selecting the "FAX Photo AIO Printer 966" printer.

I guess some problems happened with the printer driver install/uninstall cycle. I even called the Dell support center but I've been quite disappointed since the support guy didn't called me back as he was supposed to do after investigating more my problem. I scoured all the forums and did a lot of googling around, but without luck.

Please, help me to shedding some light on this missing printing issue.

lr

November 20th, 2007 23:00

hi adriactichero,the solution for you problem is easy,what you can do is insert the A966 printer driver disc and you just need to choose which mode of setup you are using for the printer(wireless,usb).choose Update driver only and it will just update you driver and it will install the fax software.

1 Message

January 21st, 2009 17:00

Hi 19alchemist78,

Picking up an old, but still valid thread.  I'm having the same issue in 2009.  The latest software application, utilities, and drivers all come as a package and automate the entire install.  No "Fax 966" shows up in the printers and faxes list, hence you can't fax directly from word or any other program.    The new install is all or nothing, one can't just take the "driver" if you will, or at least I haven't found a way.  

Are you saying to go back to the original driver and app software to get this key feature?  

I'd appreciate insights from any and all!

Thanks.

January 21st, 2009 20:00

db_co,

What operating system does your computer have?

Rick

2 Posts

April 8th, 2010 06:00

I am now having the same problem. I am running xp pro. From what i can tell the drivers on the disc only include for printing and scanning so i cant manually install the fax. Does anyone know of a driver file for the fax or which file it uses?

Thanks

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

April 8th, 2010 14:00

Jkol,

You can try...

As for faxing, if you have the disk that came with the printer, then insert the Printer disk and stop it from running. Go to My Computer and double click on it. Look for the drive with the Dell disk in it. Right click on it, left click explore. Look for the Fax Folder. In the Fax Folder, right click on setup.exe and left click run as administrator. This will install the Fax program.

or BVRP PhoneTools for Faxing

Rick

2 Posts

April 11th, 2010 18:00

Thanks alot for replying Pudgyone. i did try the fax tools put it only installed the dell 2 fax software not the driver i needed. I think the bvrp one will work when i install that should i just point its driver to the usb port for the printer?

Thanks

No Events found!