Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 5th, 2009 20:00

Need to set printer 922 to draft setting for internet explorer web page

I have a dell 922 printer and we are able to set the default to print in draft for everything except the "web page automatic printing".  I'm not sure if I am calling it by it's proper name, so please forgive me.  Let me clarify- In order to print from the web page, we can hit the printer icon (or the drop down file button) and then we receive a box for the printer with a general and an options tab.  We then choose the preferences button and change the printer to the draft setting.  This drastically reduces our ink consumption and also our pocket book for new ink cartridges.  The "web page automatic printing" is a button on the actual web page and it then prints only a certain amount of the web page content.  So, what we are trying to do is change the settings for the printer to ALWAYS print in draft.  Is this possible?  Can someone help me please, before I deplete all my ink ?!?! 

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

April 5th, 2009 20:00

jpg5810,

The only setting that I know of is...

Start, control panel, printers, Dell Printer 922, preferences. Change this to draft, click ok. If I'm correct, now everything that prints will be printed in draft form. You may want to consider the High Capacity for $6 more they'll last even longer.

Dell Series 5 ink cartridges have a sensor in them that cannot be reset.  Article on refilling Dell ink cartridges They can be purchased at Staples, Walmart or Dell's website.

Rick

No Events found!