Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 18th, 2009 05:00

New ink cartridges not recognised

I have just spent £50 on new ink for my dell photo 944 and have followed all the instructions and removed all the tapes etc but the printer still thinks it needs new ink!

I don't know what to do! 

HELP!

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

April 18th, 2009 09:00

emmadale,

Please unplug the printer from the wall. Now remove the power brick from the back of the printer for 60 seconds. Now plug everything back in. This will reset any error messages the printer has. Now open the printer with the power on and the cartridges should go to the center to be replaced. Take out both Dell Series 5 ink cartridges and make sure the tape is off the cartridges and insert both back in and make sure the seat properly and latch. Close the printer and it should print an alignment page. If you still get the error message, please read bleow.

Black cartridge = black side(left side)           Color cartridge = Color side(right side)

Photo Cartridge = Black side(left side)         Color cartridge = Color side(right side)

Dell Series 5 ink cartridges have a sensor in them that cannot be reset. Article on refilling Dell ink cartridges.

Dell Series 5 ink cartridges can be purchased at Staples, Walmart or Dell's Website.

It is also possible to get a new ink cartridge with a bad sensor. Please take it to the place of purchase for a refund or a replacement one.

Rick

2 Posts

April 18th, 2009 12:00

This didn't work. What now?  I tried it with other cartridges. Same problem.

No Events found!