Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 15th, 2011 08:00

New printhead for V715w?

Is there anyway to purchase a new printhead for a Dell V715w printer from Dell (or anyone else)? The current printhead is no longer any good, I've got about $150 worth of ink on hand and I'd like to use that up.  I cannot believe that Dell does not offer up a small peice of plastic/silicon and expects me to just buy a whole new printer.

-  Jagtar

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

September 15th, 2011 09:00

Jagtar,

We found the price of a printhead was the price of a new printer. If the printer is under warranty, then contact Dell.

If not, then try these procedures.

Cleaning the Printhead on Dell AIO V313w, V515w, V715w, P513w, and P713W Printers

Troubleshooting Printhead Problems on the Dell AIO V313w, V515w, V715w, P513w, and P713W Printers

Rick

2 Posts

November 12th, 2011 09:00

this is a big lemon. got same problem

24 Posts

December 3rd, 2011 09:00

The tech told me that the printhead was more than 100 dollars. Dell is selling Items and you can not get replacement parts for these items. I will never buy another Dell again. Too big for the little guy

24 Posts

December 3rd, 2011 09:00

Sure but get ready to fork out about as much as you paid for the printer

1 Message

June 3rd, 2014 09:00

Actually I think it is worse than a lemon. I used my printer less than 20 times over the 2 years I have owned it. I have it only for home use. After several months I needed to use the printer. I put new ink cartridges in and after cleaning and other maintenance it produced really lousy printing, of very poor quality. I used it anyway. Today I turn this beast on and I get the message "there is a problem with the printhead. Please consult your user's guide."

Okay I have done that. Followed all the instructioins and still have nothing but the message. What I find odd is that I can not even try to do maintainence on this as the setup button became inactive when this problem arose. 

My only consolation is I paid $15.00 for this junk as I purchased from a friend(?). Every used computer store I venture into I see a very large number of Dull computers and periferals. It kinda makes me wonder what kind of junk they are selling. I long ago started calling this company Dull. The printer problem only goes to prove my thoughts on the quality of this product this company produces. I really wonder why anyone would actually buy anything from a company that profits from not just planned obselesance but accelerated planned obselesance.

At this point in time I will not even consider accepting any Dull product even if it was free and included a lifetime supply of paper, printer cartridges, and free support. Nope not even the fastest, sleekest, state of the art computer with tomorrows technology in it today. I simply don't need or want such foolish headaches. Dull keep your computers, printers and lousy technology.

1 Message

September 27th, 2014 11:00

I have the same problem.  a perfectly good Printer with fresh ink, that is junk because I can't get a replacement print head!!  ...NO MORE Dell Printers, back to HP!

14 Posts

December 4th, 2011 07:00

It's obvious that this is simply a disposable printer.  I agree that it is not a recommended buy for anyone.  Dell refuses to support this device so you should we as customers support Dell?

14 Posts

December 4th, 2011 09:00

I too am moving over to an HP.  Looking at the 8500A or the 7500A.  However, I will also be getting the extended warranty, just in case.  Never a Dell, and since I believe that Lexmark made the V715w for Dell (correct me if I'm wrong), or Lexmark printer ever again.

24 Posts

December 4th, 2011 09:00

May aspects of Dell have changed. Dell was always the one I looked to for Quality and a Durability. Second was the support that was unmatched. Now I feel you are correct. This is a Disposable printer. My hew HP 6500 prints far better and faster. Now let's see how well it holds up. I did buy a 3 year service plan that is half the cost. Time will tell

24 Posts

December 4th, 2011 16:00

Yes, Dell printers are Lexmark printers in sheeps clothing. You can go to the Lexmark website and see the the V715W listed as the pro 715. So your really not buying Dell but rather a Dell clone

2 Posts

January 3rd, 2012 17:00

24 Posts

January 3rd, 2012 19:00

I feel the same. I do not understand how Dell a company that had a wonderful reputation has let it slip away. Before now I would have never thought about anything other than Dell.

1 Message

I Too am lost for words about Dells Service,HP has won my Vote.

24 Posts

You must work for Dell because you can get the printhead from Lexmark for 29 dollars

14 Posts

January 4th, 2012 12:00

It's unfortunate that Lexmark doesn't have them in stock.  I get the following message after trying to add "1" to my cart.

"We're sorry; this item is low on stock. We'll ship you what we
have and place the rest on back order; then send the item when it's
available."

I also doubt that they ship to Canada.  Finally, why doesn't **DELL** sell these for my **DELL** printer?  Because they want to sell you a new printer instead of getting your current one working.

- jagtarsingh

No Events found!