Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

H

June 19th, 2012 19:00

Print from New iPad to Dell 1235CN network printer

I recently purchased the New iPad. To my surprise, the iPad will not recognize my Dell 1235CN laser printer. Naturally, there is a $20.00 app for that; however, it seems logical that there would be an updated driver for the 1235CN printer to permit the New iPad to print through the network...

There are not currently updated drivers for the 1235CN on the Dell website and I was hopeful that someone would have a positive suggestion related to this issue.

Thanks, Thomas

June 20th, 2012 15:00

Hi hochard1 ,

Welcome to the Community.

I would like to inform you that this printer is not compatible with air print which is a mac printing utility. So you will need a converter from apple to use this printer with the iPad.

Please respond in case you need any further assistance or clarification.

Glad to help!

Abhishek Banerjee

Social Outreach Professional

You can reach us at: www.en.community.dell.com

1 Message

October 5th, 2012 09:00

Can you please explain what you mean by a converter as Apple have said they have no such thing?

I have a 1355cn/cnw  and cannot print which is really disappointing 

5 Posts

October 18th, 2012 19:00

I have the first generation wireless ipad and the dell v315w printer.  I was able to print using the weprint app.  It wasnt very expensive, about 3.00 at the time.  Been using it for about 2 years and its available at the app store at apple.  You need to first install it on your windows computer to use it and then your ipad.  My printer is about 2 yrs old, so it should work in your situation.

5 Posts

October 18th, 2012 19:00

I think the adapter is the airport express.  It has a usb connection that you plug your printer into.  I am going to try this option too and will let you know how it works.  I expect it  earily next week.  Always trying new stuff.  :-)

10 Posts

December 30th, 2012 11:00

Give this website a try for setting up an avahi service to work with airprint.

blog.mornati.net/.../linux-airprint-server-for-ios6-devices

January 9th, 2013 19:00

What is the app, do you remember? It is worth $20 to me vs. a new $400 machine that I do not need.

January 9th, 2013 19:00

HELP!!!! I read the blog however, it was all Chinese to me.:emotion-7:

I have an Ipad mini, It was a gift, I am a windows/Android girl, however this Mac stuff is freaking me out. Ok so I have the iPad mini, I have the Dell 1235cn on a windows computer. I don't mind if I have to pay for an app, I just want to be able to print from my ipad to my Dell, it seems Dell has a Google play app but not a Apple App.  

I too just want to be able to print simple things, webpages, recipes, coupons, I own a cake business so cake desgins or ideas. Nothing "formal" emails and doc are printed from my work computer as typing from a keyboard is faster for me. PLEASE someone help, I hate to replace my nice laser with a HP laser. 

No Events found!