Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 29th, 2012 09:00

Printer on reformatted windows xp

Hello

I have a Dell Desktop windows xp. I just reformatted the PC recently and now I need to find out how to get my printer working. I did a test print and it works. But when I try to print a document nothing happens. What do I have to do?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

May 29th, 2012 12:00

milestone121,

Make and models of your computer and operating system. 32-bit or 64-bit?

When you installed Windows, did you install the drivers in the correct order? How to Download and Install Drivers in the Correct Order

Make and model of your printer and how it's connected to your computer, usb cable or wireless adapter?

What virus program and firewall are you using?

Rick

11 Posts

May 29th, 2012 13:00

Dell Windows XP Intel Pentium 4 HT (CPU - Dimension E310). It's a desktop computer. The printer is Dell Photo AIO Printer 924. And the computer is 32-Bit. Yes when i reinstalled windows I installed the drivers for chipset, network adapters, and audio in that order. I use Mcafee for virus program. And am not sure what the specifications are for windows firewall I mean are there really different kinds of firewall? I am not sure. The printer was working before we reinstalled the computer. And reformatting, we want to fix the printer by getting it to print documents normally. How can I get the printer fully working? 

Thanks!

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

May 29th, 2012 14:00

milestone121,

The Notebook System Utility and the chipset drivers need installed first, or the rest of the drivers will fail to install. How to Download and Install Drivers in the Correct Order

Start with the Notebook system utility, then the chipset drivers and follow the list.

Rick

No Events found!