Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

J

September 13th, 2011 22:00

Trouble printing with dell v515w printer

I am having a heck of a time with this printer.  My current problem is that I have this printer set up for wireless printing, which will work fine at times.  But, if I haven't used the printer for a day or two and then try to print, nothing will work.  I have found that if I unplug and replug the printer and restart the computer then it will print fine.  I have three computers configured to print on this printer and it is getting frustrating to have to keep doing this, and my wife is down my back upset because she can't print her stuff for school.  I have all of the updated software for each computer and for the printer.  I thought about deleting the printer on my computer and using the disc that came with the printer, but I can't find that, however I was able to download the driver off of their website and set it up on one of the computers.  I sure would appreciate any help that I can get.

Thanks,

Jeff

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

September 14th, 2011 03:00

Jeff,

First run Delete Print Jobs to remove any stuck print jobs in the queue.

Disconnect the printer.

Uninstall the printer, start, control panel, programs and features(add/remove programs), Dell V515w Printer, uninstall. Restart your computer when it's done uninstalling. Make sure the printer was removed. Manual Printer Driver Removal

Now I would recommend using these Recommended Wireless Router Settings in your wireless router, I use channel 11. I would make a new SSID to make connecting easier.

Now with the computer online, insert the Dell V515 Printer disk. If you made a new SSID and changed router setting, then choose a new installation of the printer. On the additional computers, run delete printer jobs, uninstall, then restart, Make sure the printer is removed. With the computer online, insert the printer disk and select add additional computer, then follow the instructions.

Remember virus programs and firewalls will block communications.

Rick

1 Message

April 7th, 2012 16:00

I am having the same problem with this stupid printer. I have 2 other wireless printers which work really well. This printer depends upon a connection sessionID which of course changes. It is an incredibly stupid design and will never work properly. The whole idea of a wireless printer is to enable scenarios where people are using tablets and laptops which hibernate or sleep and come and go. Depending upon a connection sessionID is just so STUPID.  WTF? Why even bother with checking for a valid sessionID? JUST CONNECT AND STOP BOTHERING US WITH THIS STUPID CRAP!

So much for IBM (they make this printer for Dell). IBM can't seem to make consumer products work well - ever.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

April 7th, 2012 17:00

dave32,

Make and model of your wireless router?

What type of security are you using in your wireless router?

Is the printer near the wireless router or a great distance away.

If the printer has a WiFi Light on it, does it chow that it is connected to the betwork?

Do you have a lot of system on your network? Uisng a static ip adress for the printer?

What virus program are you using?

Rick

April 24th, 2012 04:00

Your post has lots of great information about dell v515w printer. Just a quick note to let you know that I liked what I read.

No Events found!