Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 8th, 2011 02:00

Using Dell printers with Macs

A few issues ago, Mac User magazine had a very good review of the Dell 1250c B&W/colour laser printer. Having problems with my old printer, I bought one. The first thing I found was the the included CD was empty -- no files at all. Now I know that Dell is basically Windows/PC-oriented, but I would have thought that a .pdf of the Manual and some Mac drivers wouldn't be too much to ask! As it is, I had to search for them on the Dell website; not easy, but I got there, and the printer works just fine. However: it is very difficult to find info or support for Macs. Apple will soon be the biggest company in the world (it's currently 2nd), so surely it would benefit Dell, as well as the many Mac users, if they were more 'friendly' to our community?

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

January 8th, 2011 20:00

I am not sure why the CD was blank. The User's Guide page 47 has good mac driver instructions. The Driver Library clearly has the mac driver. I think the documentation is pretty good about discussing the mac.

3 Posts

January 9th, 2011 01:00

What the CD actually says when I put it in my Mac's drive is '0 items  205k available'. I found the Mac drivers, manual and Status Monitor on the Dell site entirely by my own efforts. There is very little information, help or support for Macs -- one has to really search for it. As I said, just a .pdf or Word .doc of the Manual on the CD would have been a great help.

3 Posts

January 22nd, 2011 02:00

Are there any other Mac users out there, or am I the only one?!   I now have quite a serious problem: when I try to print several pages the 1250c jams after the first page, the second page being stuck halfway, so that I have to open the back, flip up the 2 blue tabs, and remove the paper. I'm reduced to having to print one page at a time. . .  This happens whether I print from my own 27" Intel iMac, or from my wife's 21" Intel iMac, connected via a network.  Help, please?  I have tried unplugging the printer, etc. but nothing cures it, even briefly.

No Events found!