Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 5th, 2013 13:00

V715W Printer printing problems

I am having the exact same problem and my computer is also like your Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit specs . Hi, I would like to jump on this thread, as I am having similar issues. I have read your other helpful posts and tried to follow the steps, "deleteprintjobs.cmd" etc. I have a V715W. I am running a HP Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit, 12GB RAM. My printer basically will run one print job, then the second job hangs up. It will make the sounds like it is about to start, but it never goes. I am willing to try anything and everything from scratch. I have Microsoft Security Essentials and Spybot. Wireless security is WPA Personal, TKIP encryption. Let me know what other info you may need. I will take no offense to you treating me like I know nothing about computers (I kind of don't)!!! Thanks!

8 Posts

December 20th, 2013 20:00

just check to see whether you have installed Explorer 11.....that the bad player... uninstall it and you should be good to go jim

1 Message

December 21st, 2013 15:00

I have a client that has a Dell 513w that had the exact same problem - would print one document then not print again until the machine was restarted at which time it would print the second document immediately.

Uninstalled Internet Explorer 11 and problem solved!!

Thanks for posting this fix, this would have taken me forever to figure out.

4 Posts

January 4th, 2014 10:00

Deleted IE11 and mine now works fine.  Went back to IE10 before the automatic upgrade.  (need to uncheck auto upgrades for windows)

Hope that helps you IT IS very frustrating...

1 Message

January 4th, 2014 10:00

Dito, I am having the same frustrating problem. I am running a Gateway 1TB & 8GB --64bit windows7.. Same wireless computer but hard wired to printer. Same antivirus and exactly the same problem. Could not read response to Monroes' post. Thanks for any help.

1 Message

January 4th, 2014 12:00

I had a very similar problem.  I am operating a Dell XPS with Windows 7 and a Dell V715w printer.  In mid November my printer suddenly started behaving the same way as Monroe 10 described.  I subsequently learned that the reason that the printer would not respond was because the Print Spooler constantly stopped working.  After many hours on techie chat forums, I found mention that Internet Explorer 11 might be the culprit.  I checked and my computer had been automatically upgraded to IE11 on 11/12/13.  I deleted the upgrade to IE11 and my printer problems immediately vanished.

12 Posts

January 5th, 2014 16:00

Thanks for the info. I deleted EI11 and I am using EI10 and everything is working. I was going to throw out this printer. I will never buy another printer that is Lexmark made. Had I known when I got this I would never have gotten rid of the HP one I had. This printer is nothing but trouble. When I want to scan from printer manually to computer I have to go thru all sorts of controls just to get it started. I always get message can't find file on my computer.  Once it gets started it works fine till the next time I need to do a manual scan from printer. It scans fine from computer controls.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

January 6th, 2014 13:00

susieq29,

This issue was NOT with Dell or Lexmark, but with Microsoft. Something in Internet Explorer 11 is causing the printer problems.

Better communications for the printer, try these tweaks...

Start, control panel, device manager.

Go to the USB Controller section and click the + sign.

Go to each USB Root Hub and right click on it, left click properties, left click power management. Uncheck the box, allow computer to turn off this device to save power.

Restart your computer.

--------------------------------------

Start, control panel, device manager. Click on Network and then right click on your wireless adapter, left click properties, power management. Uncheck the box, allow computer to turn off this device to save power.

Rick

2 Posts

January 7th, 2014 22:00

Hello Monroe 10

I was just wondering if you could share the solution to this problem? My issue is exactly the same as yours I can print one job and the next leads to the printer making a few noises as if it's about to print and it stops there. In the printer information it says it's "printing" the job but isn't, then if you cancel the job it says it's "deleting" but it's not doing that either!! The only solution seems to be to pull the power block out of the back of the printer and restart the laptop and the printer to print another job, it's driving me mad! I am not a computer-whizz so (if possible) please try and keep things simple, but I would really appreciate your help.

Many thanks

4 Posts

January 8th, 2014 07:00

Drove me crazy too for  2 weeks (I print a lot of stuff).

I deleted IE 11 which was downloaded with an automatic update by microsoft windows.

Search "deleting IE 11"  for the instructions --it is pretty simple-- your computer will automatically go back to IE 10 after deleting IE 11.

Click "do not download automatic updates" when prompted so it will not reload at some point.

Mine worked great immediately after deleting it.

Hope that helps you...

4 Posts

January 8th, 2014 09:00

The following is based on my experience while I had the same problem (and before I uninstalled Internet Explorer 11):

Reboot your computer.

During shutdown, the print job may cancel, spitting out a partially printed page or pages.

After, or during, restart the printer should complete all the print jobs.

After print jobs are done, you can uninstall Internet Explorer 11

(there are also ways to cancel print jobs, but I don't have the instructions at my fingertips right now)

1 Message

January 8th, 2014 09:00

Thanks for the post. That is exactly my problem except I can't uninstall because the printer is busy (has 4 docs in queue but won't print them.).

12 Posts

January 8th, 2014 11:00

Go to http://www.wikihow.com/Uninstall-Internet-Explorer-11-for-Windows-7

Uninstall IE 11. It should fix the problem.

If you have jobs stuck in que. Go to ms services. go to print spooler stop and restart. That will clear it up. Or just delete IE11 and restart computer that might clear it up.

12 Posts

January 8th, 2014 14:00

Everything was already unchecked.

2 Posts

January 8th, 2014 20:00

JOHNTEMP AND ALL OTHERS WHO CONTRIBUTED.

Many thanks to you all, I followed John's instructions above and now I'm pleased to say everything is working again....no problems printing at all!! As I don't use Internet Explorer it was no issue for me to un-install it and turn it off!!

Best Regards from Australia!

7 Posts

January 18th, 2014 11:00

I had the same problem and was told to uninstall IE11, which I did and voila Problem Solved.  You have to reboot after the uninstall but that should solve the problem

No Events found!